Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 02-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
jakebryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoulson View Post
Can you post the OS X crash dump in a new thread? Are you using the 1.6b3 drivers for your DisplayLink device?

Someone else had an issue with a Warpia device, but it was the Warpia driver causing it to crash, not the DisplayLink stuff.
Thanks for having a look. Yep, using 1.6b3. Crash dump posted in this new thread: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=643

Last edited by jakebryant; 02-08-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: copied wrong url
Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #22
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebryant View Post
Thanks for having a look. Yep, using 1.6b3. Crash dump posted in this new thread: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=643
It's not the DisplayLink driver which is causing the crash - It is the 'wisair' thing, whatever that is. Are you able to uninstall that and just manually install the DL driver and see if you have more success.

Perhaps the vendor does not support 10.6.6, but it's not the DL driver that is causing the problem.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #23
jakebryant

Quote:
It's not the DisplayLink driver which is causing the crash - It is the 'wisair' thing, whatever that is. Are you able to uninstall that and just manually install the DL driver and see if you have more success.

Perhaps the vendor does not support 10.6.6, but it's not the DL driver that is causing the problem.
I will contact Atlona support again and see what they say. When I uninstall their software, I can plug in the USB adapter without crashing, but cannot get the device to communicate with its peer to send audio/video. My guess is that their software tunnels that connection (but I have no idea).

Thanks for your help. Will post in other thread if there are any more developments.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #24
Blueshape

Default How to start DisplayLink App? (1.6b.3)

Hello,

I have installed the DisplayLink 1.6b.3 and I have installed the WUSB driver 12.36.1.0. Now the system doesn't crash.

BUT, I cannot connect correctly me Mac with my TV. I don't know how to start the displayLink program. Since I installed it I cannot find it on my computer...

On my TV I see not really that what is on my computers screen. On my TV I see the standard background picture from my Mac, nothing more.

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

Warm Regards

Blueshape
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshape View Post
On my TV I see not really that what is on my computers screen. On my TV I see the standard background picture from my Mac, nothing more.
That is normal for the second display. You can change your display options in System Preferences and set the displays to 'mirror', or you can just drag windows from one display to the other - You can set the display arrangement in System Preferences also.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
Blueshape

Quote:
That is normal for the second display. You can change your display options in System Preferences and set the displays to 'mirror', or you can just drag windows from one display to the other - You can set the display arrangement in System Preferences also.
Thanks - I found it, it's only in the monitor setting... ;-) There is no special program that I have to start.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #27
Blueshape

Quote:
No I tried it again, but this time it down't work! Unbelievable. Both sticks are paired, but in my monitor pref I cannot make snychronize or mirror. there are only the options with 800x600 etc.

I don't get connection with my TV

and now?