Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 AM   #1
skolnikm

Default Toshiba USB Monitor flickering

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. When I attempt to install the USB Monitor drivers, they appear to install properly - But, on plugging in the USB Monitor the screen goes blank and I can see the mouse flickering but nothing else. When I un-plug the USB Monitor the primary display goes back to normal.

I've tried to drop the resolution way down prior to installing the drivers and this does not work either. I've also tried to install the drivers with elevated Administrator privileges and that doesn't work.

I have the latest Display Link drivers installed. Toshiba has not been able to help.

Any ideas? Thanks!
skolnikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skolnikm View Post
But, on plugging in the USB Monitor the screen goes blank and I can see the mouse flickering but nothing else.
Which screen is flickering? If it is the primary screen, then this sounds like a problem with the primary graphics driver. Could you make sure that you have the latest primary graphics driver installed for your chipset, and if this doesn't solve it, please post your log files.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
skolnikm

Wim,

Thank you for your reply.

The primary screen is flickering and I am using the latest Nvidia drivers.

Where are the log files located?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #4
SLOO1

Hi:

I am having the exact same issue.

Quote:
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. When I attempt to install the USB Monitor drivers, they appear to install properly - But, on plugging in the USB Monitor the screen goes blank and I can see the mouse flickering but nothing else. When I un-plug the USB Monitor the primary display goes back to normal.
The only difference is that when I restart my computer, after installing the drivers for the first time, the monitor works perfectly. The above quoted issue occurs when I attempt to use the monitor after I have turned my computer off (then on, of course) after the initial installation restart.

Some facts.
I am able to ctrl + alt + del out of the black screen with the flickering mouse cursor. From that screen I am able to windows key + P out of the extend mode that connecting the portable monitor triggers. This allows me to go back to the desktop with no issue.

I should have the most recent graphics driver.

I have attempted to take a S.S. of the screen and only get a black screen when pasted to paint.

I am able to highlight and the cursor changes from pointer to finger when I move it over an icon etc.

Will attempt to post log file tomorrow.

Thank you for your help in advance.
SLOO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Wim

Instructions on how to make the log are here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Wim
Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
SLOO1

Hi Wim:

Please find the requested log attached. I ran the program right after the issue occurred. The uninstalling and reinstall is proving to be a suitable temporary fix. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 30892STD_20111024_210313.zip (669.4 KB, 6 views)
SLOO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
k1troutman

Default IBM T520 experiencing the same ISSUE

I have a IBM T520 fresh out of the box today. Win7 64bit, SP1 and I just updated the latest video drivers as well.

I have 2 Display Port's and upon plugging in either on the main screen turns black and the cursor blinks rapidly. You can move the cursor around and it work but can't see anything.

The port being plugged in will light up the led on the Display Link adapter but the monitor never receives a signal to warm up the monitor and take it out of standby.

I know both of my display links are good as I can connect them to my old IBM T61p running XP 32 bit and they work perfectly.

Here is the support files as requested in a previous user with both Display Link's plugged in within a minute of each other.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TROUTMAN_20111101_215353.zip (1.32 MB, 9 views)
k1troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
temarti

Hi,
I am having similar flickering issue as exposed by Wim and Sloo1. I installed a Kensington sd-400v on a Dell XPS 15z and connected a NEC MultiSync1770NX monitor to it. The installation apparently went well but only lasted for couple minutes and the second monitor went blank. When I rebooted and every time I attempt to connect again with the monitor plugged in, I get a flickering screen on the laptop, blank screen on the monitor.

Connecting the DisplayLink device without the monitor plugged in works ok, but that is not the point for me of using this device. I installed latest drivers from DisplayLink website, repeated the installation with the same results.

I will appreciate if support can be provided to fix this. Attached the log files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MININT-PH68SHA_20111107_113956.zip (321.7 KB, 2 views)
temarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by temarti View Post
Hi,
I am having similar flickering issue as exposed by Wim and Sloo1. I installed a Kensington sd-400v on a Dell XPS 15z and connected a NEC MultiSync1770NX monitor to it. The installation apparently went well but only lasted for couple minutes and the second monitor went blank. When I rebooted and every time I attempt to connect again with the monitor plugged in, I get a flickering screen on the laptop, blank screen on the monitor.

Connecting the DisplayLink device without the monitor plugged in works ok, but that is not the point for me of using this device. I installed latest drivers from DisplayLink website, repeated the installation with the same results.

I will appreciate if support can be provided to fix this. Attached the log files.
Hi

I think you have the same problem with NVIDIA graphics that we're trying to track down at the moment, but you are also trying to use this with the Kensington sd400v. The auto install on this dock does not work with v5.6 software or later, so you will need to use v5.5 from the Kensington website.

We're working with Kensington to solve this, to allow the latest versions of software to be used with the dock, but this is not available yet.

Thanks

Wim
Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
skolnikm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

I think you have the same problem with NVIDIA graphics that we're trying to track down at the moment, but you are also trying to use this with the Kensington sd400v.

Wim
Could we please get an update on this? Is this an nvidia problem or a problem with the DisplayLink drivers?

Thanks for your help.