Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-06-2021, 12:52 PM   #1
z1r0_

Default "Broken" 60hz image after update to 1.2 on LG Ultrawide display (HP Dock G2)

Hi,

I'm on M1 Macbook Pro (MacOS Big Sur) and using HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2 to run 2 external displays (LG 34UC87M-B). After updating to version 1.2 of displaylink the image is broken. Somehow right part of the image is shifted inside the center? It works fine if I put it on 50hz. It seems to be related to the display, because another one I tried (Dell AW3418DW) works fine on 60 and 100hz. Only the LG has this problem. I have two of them and both share the same behaviour. Tried to downgrade to version 1.1 and everything works fine there.

Here's a short recording what the problem looks like: https://youtu.be/fosvN_Ideno

I stick to version 1.1 for now, since I didn't notice any problems with it. Will there be a native Apple Silicon build soon? For now I'm very happy that displaylink exists and runs just fine, since there is no other way connecting 2 external displays to M1 Macbooks. Thanks!
z1r0_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #2
anthlover

Default Big Sur M1 thing

The Ultra Wide Display issues seems to be Apple's from what I understand and a fix is in the works.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #3
jmoorehs

I have the same problem with the LG monitor using 2019 Macbook Pro (2.3 Ghz 8-Core Intel i9) running on Catalina using DisplayLink 1.2.
This only affected one of two LG monitors.
Downgraded back to 1.1 fixed the issue

Rotate monitor still did not work with 1.2 (or 1.1).

Last edited by jmoorehs; 01-07-2021 at 01:00 PM.
jmoorehs is offline   Reply With Quote