Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
Hideki

Default Displaylink issues with 2004 windows 10 update

For the stable release of 2004 Update for Windows 10, I've noticed the following issue with the displaylink drivers.

When plugged in, applications and games (mainly games ) run at 20-30fps on main monitors connected to the GPU.

Turning off the USB display ( or unplugging it ) auto reverts the games ( in live mode ) back to their normal FPS of 60-100+ depending.

I don't have any GSYNC displays, this is a personal PC utilizing multiple monitors, was working fine without a hitch until the 2004 update.

Reason for 2004 update was due to 1909 bricking everything.

I believe it may have to do w/ the new updated Wddm2.7 however anything I can provide please let me know.

I've tested this with multiple adapters initially thinking it could just be that adapter not working fully, however even newer ones (USB-C , USB 3.1 , etc ) all show the same.

Refresh rate shows 60hz on all, however, games are faced with some invisible frame limit.

Lowering the resolution on the USB monitor as well as refresh rate does nothing. I've attempted multiple USB ports to validate if it was a USB issue but on its own it works fine.

GPU's are Nvidia 2080ti's on an Intel System.

Running latest version of display link 9.3 attempted prior versions to no avail.
Hideki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
Paul Somerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki View Post
For the stable release of 2004 Update for Windows 10, I've noticed the following issue with the displaylink drivers.

When plugged in, applications and games (mainly games ) run at 20-30fps on main monitors connected to the GPU.

Turning off the USB display ( or unplugging it ) auto reverts the games ( in live mode ) back to their normal FPS of 60-100+ depending.

I don't have any GSYNC displays, this is a personal PC utilizing multiple monitors, was working fine without a hitch until the 2004 update.

Reason for 2004 update was due to 1909 bricking everything.

I believe it may have to do w/ the new updated Wddm2.7 however anything I can provide please let me know.

I've tested this with multiple adapters initially thinking it could just be that adapter not working fully, however even newer ones (USB-C , USB 3.1 , etc ) all show the same.

Refresh rate shows 60hz on all, however, games are faced with some invisible frame limit.

Lowering the resolution on the USB monitor as well as refresh rate does nothing. I've attempted multiple USB ports to validate if it was a USB issue but on its own it works fine.

GPU's are Nvidia 2080ti's on an Intel System.

Running latest version of display link 9.3 attempted prior versions to no avail.
The screen isnt the issue, windows 10 2004 is, just like previous builds windows 10 is nothing more than an advertising platform, i hate it with a passion, these work brill on windows7
Paul Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote