Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #1
Stepinsky

Default Asus 168B+: lost all hardware controls after 1607 uprade

After upgrading to Win 10 1607 all my hardware controls of my Asus 168B+ monitor stopped working: power-off switch, setting screen brightness and auto-rotation.
If I connect the monitor to a machine with Win 1511 all is working as expected. Any hints what I can do?
Driver is 8.0 M1.
Stepinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello Stepinsky,

It is not implemented yet in Redstone (Win10 v1607) driver. We got access to the OS late, and I had to postpone features so the software engineers deliver something for RTM. The DisplayLink driver was redeveloped from the ground up.

Asus application was using our API. But the API relies on plumbing to talk with the monitor. Because of the change to Windows USB driver, all that plumbing needs redone from zero as we don't have the same access rights on Redstone.
Asus can't do anything about it for now because the plumbing is not here and needs to be redeveloped using the new Windows 10 API. So it's purely on our hands at the moment. We did inform all our customers but I can understand not all support personnel was made aware.

This is on the list of things to do. The immediate items being worked on is stability.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Stepinsky

Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for reporting back. In my home environment, I was able to adjust the brightness using my old notebook. Trouble begins when heading outside for road warrior jobs. But it sounds there's hope and we just have to be patient.
Stepinsky is offline   Reply With Quote