Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
teufeldog

Default 10.7.3 incompatibility?

I just updated to 10.7.3 and upon reboot all my screens are blue, except for my DisplayLink screen which remains black. I have to unplug everything to get my MacBook Pro screen to display again. I'm then able to plug in my mini DisplayPort adapter for one monitor, but when plugging in the USB DisplayLink adapter everything goes blue again (black for DisplayLink).

Known issue?
teufeldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
philip

SAME EXACT ISSUE!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I already posted what display link manager gave in the thread I made about this.They're going to ask you for what this http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 output (a zip file with logs and your system information). I would do so to save the time of them asking you.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
rickbdotcom

Same here after upgrading to 10.7.3 today.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (230.1 KB, 8 views)
rickbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
rickbdotcom

And here's a crash log.
rickbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #5
displaylinkmarmot

Unhappy Same boat

10.7.3 on a 2009 24" iMac breaks displaylink on UGA-2k-A but my MiMO um-710 works fine. The monitor that was on the UGA-2k-A just keeps flickering.
displaylinkmarmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:33 AM   #6
Sofiaan

Default Same problem

I upgraded to 10.7.3 on my mid 2011 macbook air and have this issue, but it is slightly different on two different display link devices. Both devices are connected to displays that are rotated at 90 degrees and worked perfectly on 10.7.2.

The one that doesn't work gives me a blank screen on the display link monitor, but the status LED on the screen indicates that it is getting a signal of some sort. I see the LED on the display link adapter blinking in a very predictable pattern that repeats.

The other display link adapter (which is a higher resolution) works, but only in landscape mode. Not much good when my monitor is on its side . When I change the rotation to anything other than standard, I get weird patterns on the display, and there is no resolution to choose from in the display preferences window.

Thanks Phillip for posting the link to the tool. I will run it tomorrow at work. I hope there's a fix soon.
Sofiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
photobyjosh

Default OS X 10.7.3 and Displaylink driver 1.7

I've tried this on both my latest Macbook Air and my Mac Pro.
Everything seemed to work fine when I used my Diamond USB display adapter pro (BVU195) with OS X 10.7.2 and Displaylink driver 1.7.

It no longer works after upgrading to OS X 10.7.3. No longer works as in the screen turns blue on the main monitor and nothing appears on the other monitor. I have to end up restarting the computer after unplugging the adapter.

Any suggestions? Know if a new beta driver is coming out that's compatible with the latest OS X? Thanks!

Last edited by photobyjosh; 02-08-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: adding more info
photobyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
fixbone

same issue with plugable adapter
just upgraded to 10.7.3 and driver 1.7 won't work
fixbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
Hophoto

Default Lion 10.7.3

Upgraded.. and other than on reboot it takes about 20 sec.. to see and turn on the screen all is good.... .. not perfect.. but good... miss my 3d accel.. but can deal with it for a while.....so again..on restart.... both screens hooked to card.. come up perfect.. and the middle screen hooked to display link.. takes about 20 sec.. to recon and come on..

Med Dement
Hophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
martinreed

My system is a mid-2009 27" iMac with a 20" Samsung monitor in portrait (rotated) mode on the left, connected to the built-in displayport, and a 24" Benq monitor, also in portrait mode on the right, connected via an HIS Multi-View II DisplayLink adaptor.

I use the Benq/DisplayLink for all my messenger programs, so the lower performance of USB adaptors is not a problem, as it only has to display mostly static primarily textual information.

I had held off upgrading from 10.6.8 until now, because some apps and utilities that I rely on were still PowerPC only, not yet Intel or Universal, so when I finally decided to upgrade, it was straight from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 and it was there that I found the problem with 10.7.3 and rotated displays.

I've read through all the postings on this forum, and I have similar symptoms to many other users, of a blue screen on my left and centre (built-in) screens, and flickering black on the USB-powered screen. However, I have got around the problem for the moment by moving all the messengers onto their own screen in Mission Control and leaving the USB-attached screen switched off. Not ideal, but a workaround. I'd imagine that my "DisplayLink Information" zip file will be the same as everyone else's but have attached it anyway.

I've also read on the net about the possibility of downgrading the OS from 10.7.3 to 10.7.2, and it seems to be universally considered to be a bad idea, so I will just stick with the situation I have, rather than trying to make it worse.

However, like many other posters to this forum, I would be very keen to be an alpha or beta tester for any 1.7.1 or 1.8 driver, as I am very very keen to get my third screen operational again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (358.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by martinreed; 02-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.
martinreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion