Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
oxseyn

Default MBP 15" OSX 10.6.7 & Sabrent USB-2011 - Won't detect monitor.

I'm using a 15" MBP 2011 with a Apple Cinema Display.
I bought the Sabrent USB-2011 adapter to connect to my known-good Asus 25" monitor. I've got the included USB adapter connected directly into the Sabrent USB-2011 adapter, which is connected to a DVI cable which is connected to the monitor.

I installed the 1.6B4 driver (1.5 says I have an incompatible processor?). I restarted after installing. It just simply doesn't detect the monitor. The monitor detects no DVI signal and the green power light flashes on the adapter so quickly its almost undetectable (just once, after I plug in the USB).

Any suggestions?
oxseyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
ChristianP

We need the debug logs to understand what is happening. Please use the tool in http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and upload the zip file.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
cheeseinvert

Default working with the latest driver

Looks like the driver from Sabrent is too crufty, downloading and installing the driver from here worked fine on my MBP 17" 2011
http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php
cheeseinvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
cheeseinvert

Default spoke too soon: 1920 x 1080 resolution seems buggy

The monitor on the Sabrent flickers on and off at 1920x1080 and has weird horizontal lines that show up when the display is not black. This problem goes away as soon as I select 1280x1024 on the displaylink powered monitor... Heres my hardware profile (attached)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (219.4 KB, 61 views)
Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
cheeseinvert

Default Must be a bandwidth issue?

I am regretting not going with the newertech usb/dvi adapter device now, but I am stuck with the Sabrent usb-2011 for now. I am thinking the symptoms I am seeing must be due to a bandwidth issue since the 1600x900 resolution works flawlessly, but the 1920x1080 seems to start ok, then go blank when I actually do something like launch an app (which would render the window on the screen). Is there a setting for the apple usb driver that I can free up some additional throughput on the usb port?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #6
cheeseinvert

Default bump

It's ok if the answer is that the driver is not working, but it would be nice to know that there is not an easy fix... anyone?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseinvert View Post
Looks like the driver from Sabrent is too crufty, downloading and installing the driver from here worked fine on my MBP 17" 2011
http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php
Dear cheeseinvert, without the full logs we won't be able to analyse this issue. The system profile is useful but does not contain detailed device and monitor information so please send us the complete .zip file created by the debug tool.
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote