Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-18-2020, 09:37 PM   #1
frustratedwithd6000

Default External monitor flickers on and off occasionally with DisplayLink & D6000

Hey all,

I'm having some frustrating issues with my new D6000. I'm only having issues on my macbook for work, no issues with my Windows laptop.

I have my Macbook open, a couple peripherals hooked up, and an LG ultrawide monitor hooked up via HDMI.

While I'm working, occasionally the external monitor will flicker off, my windows will appear on the open Macbook, and then a few seconds later it will flicker back on. It is not turning off or going to sleep, it literally just stops working for a moment. I've tried a different cable, I've tried turning it off/on, deleting drivers and re-downloading. No fix. I'm assuming it's something with the Mac, since, again, I've had no issues with my Windows PC.
frustratedwithd6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum.

Based on your issue description I would recommend updating your Firmware version in your D6000.

To do it you will need to download FW update from here and plug in your D6000 to a Windows machine as the update can be only performed on Windows OS.

Please download the update and plug in the D6000 to your Windows machine (without USB devices/monitors plugged in to the D6000). Then run the update and follow steps visible on the screen.

Afterwards, please plug in the D6000 back into the Macbook and verify if the issue still persists.

In case of any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your further feedback!

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
frustratedwithd6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the forum.

Based on your issue description I would recommend updating your Firmware version in your D6000.

To do it you will need to download FW update from here and plug in your D6000 to a Windows machine as the update can be only performed on Windows OS.

Please download the update and plug in the D6000 to your Windows machine (without USB devices/monitors plugged in to the D6000). Then run the update and follow steps visible on the screen.

Afterwards, please plug in the D6000 back into the Macbook and verify if the issue still persists.

In case of any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your further feedback!

Kind regards,
Jakub
I updated the firmware prior to this, but I tried again and still flickering issue occasionally. Currently using a $10 Chinese knock off adapter that uses HDMI -> USB-C and it's working better than a several hundred dollar official adapter.
frustratedwithd6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:36 PM   #4
f423

I'm having a similar problem with my MacBook Pro 16-inch (AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB) in additional to the issue of not being able to reach the Odyssey G9's full resolution at all (5120x1440@240hz) with a D6000 docking station.

I'm only getting 3840x1080@120hz when using the D6000, yet I'm getting 3840x1080@60hz when using apple's official HDMI-to-USB-C adapter. Even though it's 60hz, animations look flawless when compared to the 120hz that I'm able to get through the D6000 DP-to-USB-C.

I have updated the drivers using a windows machine and have installed the DisplayLink manager 1.1.0 (Build 54.91) with no luck at all in fixing neither the flickering nor the max resolution issue.

I also tried playing with the PC/AV options on the monitor but also didn't succeed at improving the resolution or the refresh rate.

I tried using two DP 1.4 cables, both the one that came with the Odyssey and one from CableMatters, same problem.

I just need to know if this issue can be resolved with a future update or do I need to look for a different docking station, DP-to-USB-C cable, or something else.

Sincerely,
FS
f423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback.

May you please follow this guide and gather log files for us? We would like to verify that.

If possible, please send gathered logs with your issue description on our email address: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com

Thanks to it we will be able to answer faster and provide more direct support.

Thank you for your actions and patience.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote