Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #31
philip

Thumbs up Now this is good PR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
This is very close to what happened, good insight.
But first things first: please continue to keep the feedback coming, even criticism. We make Mac drivers for Mac users and are Mac users ourselves: we know what is the expected user experience.

We don't test thoroughly every developer drop but we do try them, the level of testing depends on the perceived risk in the update. It would be great to have a decent change log with the OS updates from Apple but we live on Earth in 2012 so that's not possible.

In the meanwhile my rotated screen is black: have to fix this issue quickly! Hopefully it will be possible, it's likely that Apple does not test much with rotation now that they have removed the option from the standard interface and don't sell any displays that can be rotated.
I like this response a lot!!!
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #32
philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbdotcom View Post
Some people seem to be having issues with the 10.7.3 delta update. Has anyone tried the combo update to see if that makes any difference?
The delta created a situation where people wouldn't even be worrying about their displays, but why NONE of their apps are working and crashing instantly. I think it's safe to assume that the people reporting issues here are fully functional accept for a black screen display or two.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #33
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbdotcom View Post
Some people seem to be having issues with the 10.7.3 delta update. Has anyone tried the combo update to see if that makes any difference?
I used the software update feature. However, I will try the combo update tonight. Right now, I can't risk screwing up my machine any more at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
The delta created a situation where people wouldn't even be worrying about their displays, but why NONE of their apps are working and crashing instantly. I think it's safe to assume that the people reporting issues here are fully functional accept for a black screen display or two.
Yeah, those poor guys had some major issues with their update. I suppose I shouldn't complain much because everything else works perfectly (as far as I can tell) except for my blank screen.
Sofiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #34
rickbdotcom

Yeah I consider it unlikely it would make any difference, but you never know.
rickbdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #35
jayjanssen

Same here. I was fine with 10.7.3, until I decided to see how Rotation would look with my two displays (one of which is a displaylink). I had to uninstall my Displaylink driver before I could plug my USB back in again.

Wouldn't be quite so frustrating if there was a way to reset whatever setting got set.
jayjanssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
Sofiaan

Default Restored from a thumbdrive

I was pleasantly surprised when I restored using a thumb drive I made from InstallESD.dmg downloaded from Apple for my MBA. The version I restored to was 10.7.2 and I'm really pleased the restore version isn't higher. All my data/apps are still loaded up and my display is working again at 90 degrees. Woohoo!!

Backups are fully automated now

I will update again to 10.7.3 when this issue has been resolved.
Sofiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
katlemons

Default Not rotated, but still a blue screen

Hi!
I just updated to 10.7.3 last night and when I came into work this morning, my Vizio HDTV that I'm using as a monitor through HDMI (Aluratek USB to HDMI 1080p adapter) has blue screen.

I don't even know where the rotation settings are and my macbook is brand new (got it 3 weeks ago) so I'm pretty certain I'm not in rotated mode.

Can you think of ANYTHING else for me to try? I have all of amy cables (USB, Ethernet, Power) connected to a dock but if I can't use the external monitor, I can't use the dock and therefore I have to try to unscrew all the cables from the henge dock.

ANY Help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kat
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (261.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by katlemons; 02-06-2012 at 11:40 AM.
katlemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #38
EntroX

any chance we can get an update on this subject?
EntroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #39
chaz4070

I'm going to ask again what I asked on page 2 of this thread...

"I'm curious as to why I can't seem to find any info regarding the 10.7.3 update on the Mac page on the DisplayLink website.

Shame on me for not holding off on the update I suppose but I would think the DisplayLink folks would be using the developer releases to test the software and could post notices like: "Current users using DisplayLink software on 10.7.2 on rotated monitors may want to hold off on the 10.7.3 update until we release a new driver".

Are we really gonna have to check forums each time there is an update to the OS if we rely on displaylink software?
chaz4070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
ChristianP

Here follows an alternative way for resetting the display preferences:

1. Remove the DisplayLink adapter
2. Boot in safe mode (pressing and holding the shift key after the startup tone, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455)
3. Just open the Display preferences in system preferences (not sure this is needed)
4. Reboot
5. Connect your DisplayLink adapter. The rotation should be back to standard.

Hope to have good news soon.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion