Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #91
sltyler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler767 View Post
Hey guys,
I FINALLY found a way to fix the issue with the display link monitors! Full use and all with ML and the 10.8 driver. It requires you to use a script that I have uploaded here:
http://www.c-bit.co/resources/DisplayLink.scpt
To set it up watch this video:
http://youtu.be/XJLN3LSYtMQ

**IMPORTANT Notes:**
-Always unplug your DisplayLink monitor before turning on your computer or the bug will still occur. Only plug in after you login!
-The script may still require a password after login for some people. Type it in and hit ok.
-Sorry if the video is a tad blurry.

Hey thanks for the script and notifier application!

What language did you write the application for the notifier application in? would like to help to improve it so it can be hidden
sltyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #92
chandler767

Applescript.

Code:
set the alert_message to "You may now plug in your DisplayLink device."
display dialog the alert_message buttons {"OK"} default button 1
set the my_choice1 to the button returned of the result
if my_choice1 is "OK" then
end if
on quit

set the alert_message to "Unplug your DisplayLink device now."
	set the my_choice to the button returned of the result
	if my_choice is "OK" then
		tell application "Finder"
			continue quit
		end tell

end if
	continue quit
end quit
chandler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #93
cmwade77

Ok, so if we as a community can figure this out, shouldn't DsiplayLink be able to get a seamless solution working?

Also, is there a way to disable USB ports during the login process, then renable them automatically? If so, wouldn't this work the same as unplugging and plugging back in the device?
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #94
chandler767

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Ok, so if we as a community can figure this out, shouldn't DsiplayLink be able to get a seamless solution working?

Also, is there a way to disable USB ports during the login process, then renable them automatically? If so, wouldn't this work the same as unplugging and plugging back in the device?
Unfortunately its not that easy...
chandler767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #95
Wim

Hi All

About a week ago, Apple released v10.8.3 OSX update to developers. The release notes don't mention the login issue being fixed, but we have been testing this and the Login issues seem to have "gone away".

We're wondering if this is just coincidence in our testing, as we know it is timing related, or is it fixed for anyone else on here with access to the 10.8.3 developer release?

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #96
sltyler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler767 View Post
Applescript.

Code:
set the alert_message to "You may now plug in your DisplayLink device."
set the my_choice1 to the button returned of the result
if my_choice1 is "OK" then
end if
on quit

set the alert_message to "Unplug your DisplayLink device now."
	set the my_choice to the button returned of the result
	if my_choice is "OK" then
		tell application "Finder"
			continue quit
		end tell

end if
	continue quit
end quit
thanks for that! will be doing some more testing/messing with the code this weekend to see if it's possible to integrate the script and the application.

did however get the application to hide and just run in the background except popping up and showing in the dock when the message is displayed.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #97
sltyler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

About a week ago, Apple released v10.8.3 OSX update to developers. The release notes don't mention the login issue being fixed, but we have been testing this and the Login issues seem to have "gone away".

We're wondering if this is just coincidence in our testing, as we know it is timing related, or is it fixed for anyone else on here with access to the 10.8.3 developer release?

Thanks

Wim
I would, but I don't use the beta's anymore after a huge hiccup from using one of the beta's last year haha. Have you guys looked at chandler767's temporary solution? it's a simple work around and should help your techs if they don't already know the problems or how to find a solution around the current problems.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #98
briangig

Ready for this one?

I haven't used my DisplayLink adapter in a few weeks, the drivers have long been uninstalled.

This week I was having some memory problems, related to the 16GB I updated to back in Sept. I finally isolated the bad DIMM, so I am running on one 8GB. I decided to boot into single user mode to double check this one with memtest overnight (this included a fsck of the main HD).

This morning I rebooted, and I have no login screen...I guess the location and login, and my Finder is crashing, just like I had the DL drivers installed. I ran the uninstaller from my Desktop, and it said no drivers found (which was correct).

I rebooted, and the login screen was there that time. I had to leave for work, but I thought this was a very bizarre issue.

TL;DR: I had the no login/Finder crashing problem with NO DisplayLink drivers installed after I ran memtest in single user mode overnight.
briangig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #99
kaci

Default Testing 10.8.3 w/ 1.8 driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

Thanks

Wim
I am currently running 10.8.3 on my MBPR. I will use my display link driver to test.
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #100
kaci

Default 10.8.3 w/ 1.8 driver Does not Fix

Previously I posted that I would test the theory that issues with display link manager were fixed with 10.8.3. I have crash logs every day from 12/7/12- present of display link manager crashing. If it would be helpful I can send a zip of my logs.
kaci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
login screen, mountain lion