Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #41
paulmj21

cmwade77: Just to clarify, are you saying that the 'J5Create' driver works with the DisplayLink adaptor or are you meaning get both the adaptor and driver from J5C? Can you send a link to their facebook download.

Come what may, I might have to consider ditching DisplayLink. The lack of support has been pitiful. All communication appears to have stopped.

Last edited by paulmj21; 09-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.
paulmj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #42
cmwade77

No, I am saying that the J5create device works and you may wish to purchase one of those devices instead.

The manufacturer of my device (Pluggable) is considering switching to the chips that they use (I believe it was MTA or something like that) as a result of this in the future. I have to say that their support has been excellent, but has been limited by DisplayLink's lack of support on this matter.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #43
Wim

Hi All

I have updated the status of our Mac development here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2007

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #44
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

I have updated the status of our Mac development here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2007

Wim
All of the issues listed there only happen when the login screen does not appear. Another issue is that Flash crashes when the login screen does not appear.

If you fix the login screen not appearing, all other issues should fix themselves as well.

Could we possibly get a beta of the 1.8.1 to test out with? We use these for business, luckily the manufacturer of our device has been very kind and offered us refunds, but I would still like to have them working properly instead, as I like their company better than the competition that already has drivers that work properly out.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #45
clarksonator

Will the update fix generally lag in window events? How about a weird screen glitch that causes a double of my cursor to appear?

Thanks
clarksonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #46
Wim

I'm looking at what we can do to release a beta, with minimal impact on the engineering team.

Once we have the architecture, we hope it will fix all the weird issues users are seeing. I'm sure there will be new problems with the first beta releases of 2.0 we do, but the new architecture and code base should make it much easier to find solutions and fixes.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #47
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I'm looking at what we can do to release a beta, with minimal impact on the engineering team.

Once we have the architecture, we hope it will fix all the weird issues users are seeing. I'm sure there will be new problems with the first beta releases of 2.0 we do, but the new architecture and code base should make it much easier to find solutions and fixes.

Wim
While I look forward to 2.0, I would just like to see 1.8.1 now. You do need to keep up with your competition, who already have drivers that are fully compatible with Mountain Lion and work with USB 3.0 devices.

I like you chips a bit better, as they seem to run faster when they work and I like the manufacturer that we are dealing with that uses your chips, so I want this to work, but it is going to need to do so soon.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
paulmj21

I appreciate the information update, however the problem that I see is the sheer amount of time that has elapsed since Mountain Lion shipped. Even that has now progressed to 10.8.2 and could easily jump up again before a Display Link Beta.

I also think that it is totally wrong not to mention this to unsuspecting new users of the Display Link driver, (that it is NOT compatible with Mountain Lion). Your download page suggests that it is Mountain Lion suitable, when clearly this is not the case.

I implore to speed up the process and remove the broken driver from your download page.

Last edited by paulmj21; 10-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.
paulmj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #49
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmj21 View Post
I appreciate the information update, however the problem that I see is the sheer amount of time that has elapsed since Mountain Lion shipped. Even that has now progressed to 10.8.2 and could easily jump up again before a Display Link Beta.

I also think that it is totally wrong not to mention this to unsuspecting new users of the Display Link driver, (that it is NOT compatible with Mountain Lion). Your download page suggests that it is Mountain Lion suitable, when clearly this is not the case.

I implore to speed up the process and remove the broken driver from your download page.
At bare minimum, make a note that the current driver is NOT fully compatible with Mountain Lion.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #50
cgierke

Default 1.8 drivers don't work with osx 10.8.2

I am running a business and bought 12 of these to use with our macs. This is complete unacceptable. Just like what everyone else is saying once i install the drivers everything else starts crashing. This needs to be fixed now. I have invested over $500 in this hard ware, and I am not about to have to pay for restocking fee. Please fix this problem or send me a check for the full amount of the product. I believe that I wouldn't be the only one ready to seek legal action against your company. Please just simply fix your product so we can use it like it is advertised to work. Thank you
cgierke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
login screen, mountain lion