Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Enabled Products > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
berrebo

Default Display Link Android App

I've installed this application on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 to record video/screen.

I was able to send the video signal to my TV with no issues, worked great. However, when I plug it into an Avermedia Live Gamer Portable 2 (video capture device) I lose network connectivity and the USB mode changes from USB Media Transfer Protocol to USB Charging. If I force it to MTP the WiFi connects for a bit, then changes back to USB Charging and no longer connects.

Any idea of why that is?
berrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:06 AM   #2
berrebo

Default displaylink presenter app

So if I force close this app on my android device, wifi begins working immediately. It stops when I start the app. Any ideas of why this might be? I couldn't find an android section, so I am posting here.

Thanks
berrebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #3
Wim

Hi

I have no idea why connecting a different display (which is all the Live Gamer box should look like) is causing the USB port of the phone to change role for the DisplayLink adapter to drop. I assume this is how to are connecting?

I wonder if Android does not like something about the Live Gamer box monitor information and disconnects it for security reasons? That's all I can think of.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #4
aruproy@gmail.com

Default DisplayLink Presenter appears to be blocked

I am experiencing a strange behavior on "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". "Device Maintenance" is a system app on this device.

I need to establish wired connection from the tab to projector. Since MHL is not supported on the tab, I use DisplayLink adapters with "DisplayLink Presenter" app. DisplayLink works as 'Plug and Display' like MHL. DisplayLink service runs as background process, captures screens and streams over USB bus.

I have several tabs (including Samsung Note Pro 12.2, Lenovo etc.) - my setup works perfectly on all but "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3" tabs(I have multiple units).

If I change USB mode from notification bar, the USB mode is falling back to charging automatically. Normally I see system message to allow screen capture and streaming confirmation dialog as soon as DisplayLink adapter is connected on OTG.

I suspect "Device Maintenance" is killing "DisplayLink Presenter" service. I have disabled power save mode in "Device Maintenance". But I cannot make my setup working from "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". Your help in resolving this issue is much appreciated.

DisplayLink Presenter: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...link.presenter

Regards,
- Arup Roy
aruproy@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote