Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-02-2017, 08:12 PM   #31
cbwilliamsnh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi,

If your device is not visible as a USB device then we need to analyse the HW and host controller configuration, it's not a driver matter as the driver has nothing to connect to.

We need to reproduce this as soon as possible. The best thing would be for you to send us the information gathered by our tool: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/755301

We'd still need to know which kind of device (model and manufacturer) you are trying to connect and any information about how the device is connected (adapters or hubs).

Thank you
Carlo
The display is an AOC i1659FWUX

The tool output should be attached.

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chuck’s MacBook Pro_20171002_151027.zip (1.12 MB, 1 views)
cbwilliamsnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #32
TTtheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi,

If your device is not visible as a USB device then we need to analyse the HW and host controller configuration, it's not a driver matter as the driver has nothing to connect to.

We need to reproduce this as soon as possible. The best thing would be for you to send us the information gathered by our tool: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/755301

We'd still need to know which kind of device (model and manufacturer) you are trying to connect and any information about how the device is connected (adapters or hubs).

Thank you
Carlo
Carlo - I am using the very latest driver for this device, which is U224-001. The latest driver is over a year old and is 2.6. Sounds like folks with other drivers are experiencing similar issues.
TTtheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 AM   #33
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbwilliamsnh View Post
The display is an AOC i1659FWUX

The tool output should be attached.

Chuck
I've checked the logs and the monitor is on the USB bus:

Quote:
I1659FWUX:

Product ID: 0xff10
Vendor ID: 0x17e9 (DisplayLink (UK) Ltd.)
Version: 31.01
Serial Number: LPUH3JA000461
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/sec
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
Location ID: 0x14600000 / 17
Current Available (mA): 900
Current Required (mA): 504
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
I suspect our kernel extension could be blocked by macOS, which is covered in this FAQ:

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...r-installation

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
cbwilliamsnh

Default That did the trick!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I've checked the logs and the monitor is on the USB bus:

I suspect our kernel extension could be blocked by macOS, which is covered in this FAQ:

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...r-installation

Wim
That did the trick! I didn't get the popup as part of installation, but uninstalling and reinstalling got me to where I could click the "Allow" button and enable the extension.

Thank you!!!
cbwilliamsnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #35
IamDocH

Default Black screen with High Sierra install

I have the latest-get mac mini, exporting to several screens at our church, and the USB 2.0 adapter outputting to a screen. I recently updated to 10.13 and updated to the latest software for the adapter.

Upon startup, all screens are dark, with no response. Once I unplug the adapter, I'm able to log in again and access everything, but plugging it back in immediately hijacks the system.

Any ideas?
IamDocH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #36
TTtheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDocH View Post
I have the latest-get mac mini, exporting to several screens at our church, and the USB 2.0 adapter outputting to a screen. I recently updated to 10.13 and updated to the latest software for the adapter.

Upon startup, all screens are dark, with no response. Once I unplug the adapter, I'm able to log in again and access everything, but plugging it back in immediately hijacks the system.

Any ideas?
I have been in contact with Tripp Lite support who say that the driver is currently only supported through 10.11. No word on when it might be addressed.
TTtheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:51 AM   #37
Russ

Angry 2nd External Display not working

I've just installed the 4.0 driver and did not need to perform any unblocking - no prompts, no message to allow or anything.

I've found that if i have 1 external display connected, everything works fine. The moment I attach a second external display, the system tries to go into Mirrored mode and given that it is not currently working, everything fails. Is there a workaround for this?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #38
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've just installed the 4.0 driver and did not need to perform any unblocking - no prompts, no message to allow or anything.

I've found that if i have 1 external display connected, everything works fine. The moment I attach a second external display, the system tries to go into Mirrored mode and given that it is not currently working, everything fails. Is there a workaround for this?
For a workaround, try this FAQ: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...-mirror-issues

For the bug itself, it would be very helpful if you could raise a defect with Apple.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #39
ckg1999

I am unable to use the displayLink (even though it is detected) in HighSierra.

I have a 13" MBP retina core i7, with 2 external displays. When I plug in the DisplayLink, I get a "No Signal" message on the display. The display shows the additional screen as an option in "Displays" and the System Report shows:

Product ID: 0x4301
Version: 32.97
ckg1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #40
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg1999 View Post
I am unable to use the displayLink (even though it is detected) in HighSierra.

I have a 13" MBP retina core i7, with 2 external displays. When I plug in the DisplayLink, I get a "No Signal" message on the display. The display shows the additional screen as an option in "Displays" and the System Report shows:

Product ID: 0x4301
Version: 32.97
I'd play with different resolutions in System Preferences->Displays to ensure a valid resolution is selected.
If this fails, please send us the logs: http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/755301

Kind regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote