Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
paulrob

Default Displaylink 7.9MO and Windows 10 Final (64 bit) constant flikering

Hi, I did a totally clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (final public release), and activated it with a license key purchased from MS, on my Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro (total disk wipe and partition reallocation). After the install I downloaded and installed all the latest Lenovo Win 10 64 bit drivers. The laptop was working fine at this point. It has a built in Intel HD Graphics 5300, and the internal display native resolution is 3200 x 1600.

So I could use it with the ThinkPad USB3 Dock and external monitor, I installed DisplayLink 7.9 MO, which is the latest version available from here: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/downloads.php and says its suitable for: OS: Windows 10* etc. Everything worked ok at first, but after a day or so the screen started random flicker and jumping around really badly. It was unwatchable. This happens not only on the dock-attached second monitor (a Samsung Flatron D2342) but also on the laptop, whether the dock is attached or not.

I reinstalled the latest Win 10 64 bit drivers from Lenovo and also reinstalled the DL drivers but have the same problem. When I uninstalled the DL software and rebooted, the flickering on the laptop screen stopped immediately. If I connect the Lenovo USB3 dock without the DL software, the computer can see the USB devices on the dock but can't see the Gigabit Ethernet connection or the second monitor at all.

Thanks for any help.
Paul
paulrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you follow the first section in this FAQ?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...lation-upgrade

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:22 AM   #3
paulrob

Default only a temporary fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Can you follow the first section in this FAQ?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...lation-upgrade

Thanks,
James
Thanks James, I did all that and the display worked fine for about 48 hours (as it did the first time) then the random flickering and jumping started again (affects both displays). Haven't installed anything else in the mean time.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
shanereichart

Default Similar symptom

I too experience the flickering. It is about one black frame every second, but only on the main (integrated) display. It behaves the same way the auto-adjust does when initially connecting an external monitor, except it persists indefinitely while connected even after disconnecting and reconnecting or restarting the computer. My external monitors do not experience the flickering.

Completely uninstalling DL software and drivers with the cleanup tool and reinstalling them resolves the problem only for a couple days. At some point changing the connected displays will trigger the auto-adjust and the flickering returns. This time it happened when I added a Wi-Di display.

I'm using a Dell XPS 1820 (touch screen AIO) with HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator. I also have an AOC e1759fwu DisplayLink monitor attached, which doesn't induce the flickering. Connecting an HDMI or DisplayPort Monitor to the dock does. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. DisplayLink Manager version 7.9.478.0. Latest display drivers for the integrated display.
shanereichart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:51 AM   #5
paulrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrob View Post
Thanks James, I did all that and the display worked fine for about 48 hours (as it did the first time) then the random flickering and jumping started again (affects both displays). Haven't installed anything else in the mean time.
I seem to have fixed the problem now. Lenovo came out with a new BIOS release to fix "flickering"! I installed that and also installed a newer version of DisplayLink that came out at the same time and all's now good, or so it seems. If it goes for a week without flickering I'll be happy.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 09-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #6
JamesH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanereichart View Post
I too experience the flickering. It is about one black frame every second, but only on the main (integrated) display. It behaves the same way the auto-adjust does when initially connecting an external monitor, except it persists indefinitely while connected even after disconnecting and reconnecting or restarting the computer. My external monitors do not experience the flickering.

Completely uninstalling DL software and drivers with the cleanup tool and reinstalling them resolves the problem only for a couple days. At some point changing the connected displays will trigger the auto-adjust and the flickering returns. This time it happened when I added a Wi-Di display.

I'm using a Dell XPS 1820 (touch screen AIO) with HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator. I also have an AOC e1759fwu DisplayLink monitor attached, which doesn't induce the flickering. Connecting an HDMI or DisplayPort Monitor to the dock does. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. DisplayLink Manager version 7.9.478.0. Latest display drivers for the integrated display.
Hi,

Can you attach the output of this tool so I can advise?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...to-displaylink

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
64 bit, displaylink 7.9 mo, flickering, thinkpad dock, windows 10