Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
dododub

Default Issues connecting with MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018 using Catalina + a temporary fix

Couldn't get DisplayLink to work at all on my MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2018) with Catalina. Even a complete clean re-install didn't change anything. Connecting DisplayLink through USB-C resulted in blinking screen and the image never showed up on DisplayLink display.

Then I tried connecting through an Apple USB-C to USB connector to connect to the monitor instead USB-C directly...and now it does work. No charging is happening now through DisplayLink but screen + keyboard and mouse do work now.

A few issue persist:
- after disconnecting the DisplayLink cable wih the MacBook Pro closed results in the system becoming completely unresponsive. Requires a hard reboot to get it working again.
- Programs that activate the discrete GPU seem to not work properly. Photoshop doesn't function correctly and everything on the DisplayLink display becomes slow and displays visual errors. Same with Firefox and using google maps, which seems to trigger the discrete GPU as well.

This is the setup that is working for me now:

Last edited by dododub; 02-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.
dododub is offline   Reply With Quote