Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
Derman

Default Surface Pro 2 / Win 8.1 / Lenovo USB Docking Station Issue

newbie here...

This is weird...I have a new Surface Pro 2, latest DisplayLink driver, running on Windows 8.1. I'm set up with a Lenovo USB dual monitor docking station and have two 23" monitors and my surface monitor all active.

My problem is that I randomly can't access a particular screen after utilizing another screen. For example, right now, while typing this post, when I move my mouse over to either the Surface screen or my other monitor and click on either one, I can't access either monitor (it won't let me click on any programs working on the other monitors). Has anybody run into this?

The work-around is Crtl-Alt-Delete, then Esc and then I can click on either of the other monitors. I just did that and I can now access the other monitors and this monitor and can now click freely between the monitors. I can;t figure out what is setting it up, but shortly it will not let me access my programs on whatever monitor I'm not working on.

Can anyone throw me a bone on this one?

PS - My co-worker has this set same set up, with Win 8 and she's fine (it's my old set-up, so I know it works fine). This makes me think it's a Win 8.1 issue interfacing with DisplayLink.
Derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

This sounds familiar - I'll check when I get in the office tomorrow.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote