Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #21
blanka

Default I have the same problem

The content of some windows (Reminders.app, Messages.app) is stretched horizontally. I need to also click to the left of the buttons to make them work.

The monitor connected to the DisplayLink is a Samsung P2770HD at 1920x1080. My main monitors are an LED Cinema Display (24-inch, late 2008 at 1920x1200) and the built in 15-inch LCD display at 1680x1050. Only the samsung exhibits this stretching effect.

The Display Link driver was working fine (no stretching) before upgrading to Mountain Lion.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (379.5 KB, 4 views)
blanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
gkra

Default Add me to the list

I've got the same problem, too. Various apps have content stretched oddly.

Display is an HP LA2405wg. Worked fine on 10.7.x.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tweetbot_on_DL.jpg (7.0 KB, 9 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (308.3 KB, 3 views)
gkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #23
stevedave

Yeah I've moved on.. I ditched the displaylink software and box and got a apple thunderbolt display. Yes its 1k but guess what.. it works. And no need for 2 monitors anymore, and the hope that they will fix this issue. Because if they haven't fix an issue like this yet.. chances are they wont.

Good news though.. apple has this thing were you do 0 down and you get 0% apr for 12 months on stuff. So really.. out of pocket its not bad.

So sell this craptastic box they built and spend your monies elsewhere is what I say. =)
stevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
gkra

Default Blah...

If only ditching it were an option. I had to go through crazy justifications for this box (NewerTechnology's unit) because DisplayLink had at least admitted support for Mac OS X, whereas the only options from CDW didn't have any Mac support whatsoever. And work will absolutely not pay for a Thunderbolt display, which wouldn't fix the problem of having two external displays on this MBP, anyway.

I feel a little betrayed after having to deal with 6 months of justifications and procurement delays, only to have it (a) hard-lock my MBP if I switch to the Login Window while logged in (via the Fast User Switching menu), and now, post Mountain Lion upgrade, having stupid graphics and font rendering issues.

Thankfully I tend to use the secondary display primarily for text apps or apps where the primary content is text, and most of them are displaying properly (Tweetbot, Messages and Cisco Jabber for the corporate WebEx account being the notable exceptions so far.)

So, I wait patiently for DisplayLink to fix things. At least with the DisplayLink adapter, I don't need to reboot my mac every time i want to plug it in.
gkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #25
paulgee31

Here are the log from my Digimate 24" Monitor. Firefox stretching is my biggest issue, font corruption etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (359.4 KB, 3 views)
paulgee31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #26
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkra View Post
If only ditching it were an option. I had to go through crazy justifications for this box (NewerTechnology's unit) because DisplayLink had at least admitted support for Mac OS X, whereas the only options from CDW didn't have any Mac support whatsoever. And work will absolutely not pay for a Thunderbolt display, which wouldn't fix the problem of having two external displays on this MBP, anyway.

I feel a little betrayed after having to deal with 6 months of justifications and procurement delays, only to have it (a) hard-lock my MBP if I switch to the Login Window while logged in (via the Fast User Switching menu), and now, post Mountain Lion upgrade, having stupid graphics and font rendering issues.

Thankfully I tend to use the secondary display primarily for text apps or apps where the primary content is text, and most of them are displaying properly (Tweetbot, Messages and Cisco Jabber for the corporate WebEx account being the notable exceptions so far.)

So, I wait patiently for DisplayLink to fix things. At least with the DisplayLink adapter, I don't need to reboot my mac every time i want to plug it in.
Ditching is an option, J5Create has drivers on their facebook page that work great with OS X 10.8.2 and even work with USB 3.0, so their devices work. You can easily buy one of them and use it. Ok, now I am sounding like an advertisement for J5Create and that is not the point, I am simply pointing out that there are other options that are currently working.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #27
desiac

Default experiance

based on my troubleshooting, i think its a mixture of the model of mac and monitor. i have 2 of these adaptors, 2 macs both running ML. works perfectly on my 2 year old MBP but on 2 month old fully spec'd mini server at home, as soon as i upgraded to ML i lost the res. there are other working options out there (fixed my issue), hopefully there will be a fix from displaylink soon.
desiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
bhhales

Default Problem went away

I updated my earlier post as well with these new findings...

This week, I booted as I normally do only to have the os seem to "forget" my settings for my Westinghouse LCM-22w3 hooked up to the display link. And now, magically, the correct resolution options are available. This was without any other change that I can think of, it just suddenly re-identified the monitor and offered the correct resolutions. Maybe the recent OS patch helped, I don't know.

So try removing and re-installing the monitor, and see if it helps for you.
bhhales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
mkormendy

Exclamation Another Affected System

I too am having the exact issue as first posted. (There are people in this forum with different problems of resolutions not being available, and while it may be related in the overall improper work of the driver or hardware, it's not the same as the described first post and that may have been fixed elsewhere, but not the original issue).

There are a number of applications that this rendering issue happens in.

I have created a small video capture of my monitor screens (identical make/models and resolutions/settings) side by side .. (DisplayLink glitch is seen on the right):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZwExkGHwNQ
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (400.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mkormendy; 07-22-2013 at 10:14 PM.
mkormendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
mkormendy

Post A response from the company ...

I finally got a response back from the Technical Support staff on this issue.
Hopefully this at least lets people know where they stand.
Here is the response after I posted a video on YouTube and referenced it in a Ticket Report I filed with them:

Quote:
Thanks for the video. This is not an issue with DisplayLink, as we are showing
the pixels that the OS is sending us. The DisplayLink screens are software
accelerated frame buffers, and it seems that when some applications fall back
to software rendering, they show this issue.

This bug has been raised to Apple, as it requires an OS fix. There is nothing
we can do to fix this as we are using the only OSX API available to get the
pixels.

Best regards,

Wim
DisplayLink Technical Support
mkormendy is offline   Reply With Quote