Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
wojtow

Thumbs up so far so good after 10.9.1

After upgrading to 10.9.1 this morning. I was able to get DisplayLink to work with both my external displays for the first time since initially installing 10.9. I have not used it long enough to test every possibility, but so far I have not noticed any issues. In fact, some of the flickering problems I had under 10.8 and the 2.0 driver no longer appear.

So, far so good.

MacBook Air 10.9.1
DisplayLink driver 2.0
Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station (M01167)
Dual 1920x1200 displays
wojtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
alphadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtow View Post
After upgrading to 10.9.1 this morning. I was able to get DisplayLink to work with both my external displays for the first time since initially installing 10.9. I have not used it long enough to test every possibility, but so far I have not noticed any issues. In fact, some of the flickering problems I had under 10.8 and the 2.0 driver no longer appear.

So, far so good.

MacBook Air 10.9.1
DisplayLink driver 2.0
Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station (M01167)
Dual 1920x1200 displays
What happens if your machine goes to sleep or you try to undock and then redock? Do you get all screens back automatically?
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
wojtow

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
What happens if your machine goes to sleep or you try to undock and then redock? Do you get all screens back automatically?
Drat! I was so happy to have it back I used it non-stop yesterday. This morning I see though that it does have problems with both undock/redock and sleep.

Undock/redock: Seems to forgot the previous display settings and randomly assign screen positions and the desktop backgrounds that I had set. Can reproduce with differing results each time.

Sleep: On my one attempt to sleep while docked, it would not wake up (or if it did, all the screens, including the built-in display were black and unresponsive). Had to force power off and restart. As this corrupted one of my application's data, I'm reluctant to try to reproduce. Has no problem sleeping/waking if undocked first.

Also... I just noticed that yesterday I had menu bars on all three displays (per the new feature in 10.9 to do that). Today, it is back to the menubar on the primary display only.

So, I guess there are still serious issues. At the moment, I'm so happy to have the productivity of my big screens back, I'm willing to work around the issues by resetting the display locations each day, and being careful to undock before sleeping. Have had it set to not sleep while plugged into power anyway.

Thank you for the developers for working on this issue and good luck dealing with Apple.

Last edited by wojtow; 12-20-2013 at 07:37 PM.
wojtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
jgatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtow View Post
Also... I just noticed that yesterday I had menu bars on all three displays (per the new feature in 10.9 to do that). Today, it is back to the menubar on the primary display only.
I show the menu bar in all three displays. I did find that taking a eVGA UV Plus+16 into a powered USB hub and then into the mac does not work. You have to now plug the USB adapter directly into the mac to make it work.

One other bug. The apple menu icon on the displayport screen does not show up. If you click where it should be, it shows up. I've attached two screenshots.

Memory seems to be fine, anywhere from 0.5%-1.8% of usage for DisplayLinkUserAgent and DisplayLinkManager (each). Seems to hold around 0.6% most of the time

Macbook pro 5,5 (mid 2009) 2.53ghz core2duo 8GB memory
eVGA UVPlus+16
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2014-01-13 11.29.15.png (12.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2014-01-13 11.30.31.jpg (16.1 KB, 3 views)
jgatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #15
jgatl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatl View Post
I show the menu bar in all three displays. I did find that taking a eVGA UV Plus+16 into a powered USB hub and then into the mac does not work. You have to now plug the USB adapter directly into the mac to make it work.
Fix is to unplug the USB hub from the mac while the Mac is running, then re-plug it in. All devices will be treated like they are just being plugged in for the first time. This appears to be a Mavericks problem not display link. Displaylink working fine under 2.1 now.
jgatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #16
Melia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgatl View Post
Displaylink working fine under 2.1 now.
not quite...

a bunch of flickers frame drops... and even frame drops on main iMac display while gaming. Even with DL monitor unplugged.. driver is crappy and most of the topics here are about bugs...
Melia is offline   Reply With Quote