Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
pjl

Default Big Sur 11.4 and M1 Air

I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4 and report that everything works as previously. My setting is;

M1 Air =>
Anker USB-C Hub (PowerExpand 8 in 1) via TB port =>
One 1440p monitor via HDMI and Dell D6000 via USB-C data port =>
Two 1080p monitors via DisplayPorts on D6000

Both clamshell and open modes work.
pjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
Gmangeorge

Hey, glad to hear you got everything working on 11.4!

Currently upgrading my MBP to Big Sur 11.4 and am trying to connect to a D6000 docking station. I have the most recent version of DisplayLink Manager, however when I plug the dock into the Mac the displays do not appear on my external monitors. If I plug it in without the displaylink and just the hdmi, the MacBook seems to get confused and will continuously switch displays on the MacBook screen rather than on my monitor. When I have the hdmi and displaylink cords plugged into the dock, the MacBook simply does not respond to any of the external displays at all. I know that it is connecting to the dock as my usb keyboard/mouse works and the laptop starts charging, but I am wondering how you were able to get the external monitors to display.

Any help would be appreciated.

George
Gmangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:51 PM   #3
sbellis1956@gmail.com

Unhappy Problem with Mac OS Big Sur 11.4

Trying to set up and connect to AOC e1659Fwu external monitor and it's just not working. I have a lovely, but useless lavender screen on the monitor. Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmangeorge View Post
Hey, glad to hear you got everything working on 11.4!

Currently upgrading my MBP to Big Sur 11.4 and am trying to connect to a D6000 docking station. I have the most recent version of DisplayLink Manager, however when I plug the dock into the Mac the displays do not appear on my external monitors. If I plug it in without the displaylink and just the hdmi, the MacBook seems to get confused and will continuously switch displays on the MacBook screen rather than on my monitor. When I have the hdmi and displaylink cords plugged into the dock, the MacBook simply does not respond to any of the external displays at all. I know that it is connecting to the dock as my usb keyboard/mouse works and the laptop starts charging, but I am wondering how you were able to get the external monitors to display.

Any help would be appreciated.

George
sbellis1956@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
pjl

Trick I use is USB-C hub between MBA M1 and D6000. I use the USB-C hub to power MBA and provide USB daisy chain. I have tried several USB-C hubs and had to return many of them because of overheating issue. Otherwise, D6000 provides what I need to drive multiple displays and other connections.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #5
Gmangeorge

I was able to get mine working in a similar fashion, by using a usb c hub plugged into the MBP and then plugging the d6000 into the hub, however now I’ve joined the rest of the users on this forum in that my monitors only work when the MBP lid is open, which is kind of a bummer as I had hoped to have both my work laptop and play laptop closed in a stand together and then go from work to play by swapping the d6000 cable between the two. Oh well, hopefully there is a fix for that soon. I appreciate the help!
Gmangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:39 AM   #6
pjl

Default This is the USB-C hub that works with MBA M1 and D6000

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The above USB-C hub is put between MBA M1 (via Thunderbolt) and D6000 (USB-C data port). With the latest Mac OS and DL driver, this configuration works for both open and closed lid cases. For D6000, I also updated the firmware.

USB-C hub drives one display, ethernet, and etc, and D6000 drives two displays. Somehow, this configuration has been robust since I purchased MBA M1 back in January regardless of Mac OS and DL driver updates.

I hope this helps others struggling clamshell mode and other issues with D6000.