Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
gilesmartin

Default ***do not update to mavericks***

Just wanted to post here so everyone is aware since Mavericks (10.9) was released today. Displaylink does not currently work with mavericks. If you upgrade your display will be nearly unusable under mavericks even with the 2.1 beta drivers. Do not update to mavericks until an update is released.

Unfortunately many of you will only come to this site AFTER your upgrade to mavericks. If you have a time machine backup you may be able to restore to mountain lion with that. If you don't have a mountain lion backup make a mavericks backup and use internet recovery or a mountain lion usb drive to clean install lion and then import all applications and users from your time machine backup on first boot.

Again, display link at this point is unusable on Mavericks.
gilesmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
johnvega

Default Too late

You are right, not working, the monitor gets into a on/off cycle, suddenly off, suddenly on for a while, crazy
johnvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
zappcatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesmartin View Post
Again, display link at this point is unusable on Mavericks.
It is as "useable" on Mavericks for me as it was on all other versions. MacBook Pro 15.

I am seeing a significant delay in mouse tracking on my Displaylink enabled monitor, but at least the pointer actually points to the place on the screen where I am clicking. Before Mavericks, it was about 1/8th of an inch off.

I have a monitor hooked into the minidp port, and the displaylink is actually driving another monitor at 1080p.

The support for Title Bars on secondary Monitors makes this much more efficient than earlier MacOS'
zappcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Capsule

Default Too late

Today I updated to Mavericks.. :-/
In affect my second screen do not work correctly..
I have huge legs by using the mouse...using macbook air 2012 with 2 24" displays..

So I came here to this forum..
also tried the beta driver...didnt help

I will downgrade now..
tomorow I will contact Apple with my developer acc and as customer...

I hope that you guys from Display Link will fix it in the future so that I will run Mavericks on day..

Are there any other threads about this topic?
Capsule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
Capsule

Default Can I help

@Mac Team:

Are there any ways to help to find out the issue? (System Report or other?)
Old 10-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Capsule

Wink a kind of solution

hello guys,

after two days of work with mavericks on the second display via my usb display link device I found out a kind of solution for the "laggy" mouse.

-Since Mavericks your dock appears on the every screen you are working. To do that you have to point at the bottom of your screen with the mouse.

-At this point in time I recognize a much smoother tracing from the mouse as before.(without showing the dock on the second screen)

- If you then opend up a programm in that screen with the dock the tracing will be smoother again...

-if you than move your dock bar back to your main screen, the mouse on the second screen will stay smooth at tracing..

So in conclusion for a kind of solution the laggy mouse will disappear by putting the dock on the second screen which is connected through the usb adapter.

so long

Capusle
Capsule is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by Capsule; 10-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.