Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
Maxiim99

Cool i Fixed the 2 monitors issue

so i had this issue with the latest update 2.1 that is one of the monitors remains blank i tried every possible way and at last i got it fixed .
here is how
- i have 2 displaylink USB - DVI .
- i bought one DVI-VGA adapter
- connected it to one of the display link
- connect the other end to my VGA port in the screen.
- installed 2.1 .

now it's working like without even a lag issue .
Maxiim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
smutek

So.... you're saying that the problem went away simply by switching from a DVI to a VGA cable?

Could you be more specific, please? What is your setup? OS?

My attempt at using a displaylink device was a ridiculous failure, it's sitting behind me, back in its box with a return label printed out and attached. I just haven't gotten around to dropping it off at the post yet.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
smutek

Also, please try disconnecting and reconnecting your machine, let us know if it still works after that.

That's when my setup went to shit. It worked flawlessly for the first three days, then I disconnected my laptop and took it out with me. Brought it back home and my displaylink screen stopped working.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
WCCA

Smile

I have no idea how, but I can confirm that this actually did allow me to fire up another screen.

Here is the current setup running on OS X 10.9.1 -

- Retina Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt Display via Thunderbolt Port on Laptop
- Second External Screen connected to Thunderbolt Port on Laptop
- Third and Fourth External Screens connected to SIIG JU-H20211-S1 USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Dual Head Display Adapter (These two were working with the 2.1 Release Driver)
- Fifth External Screen Connected to SIIG JU-H20211-S1 USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Dual Head Display Adapter with a DVI to VGA Adapter

I could get all four External Screens working with the 2.1 Beta Driver, however as soon as I tried to change the arrangement or move a window to one of the DisplayLink connected screens they would either start flickering uncontrollably or they would all go black. Using the 2.1 Release Driver I could get two screens on one DisplayLink adapter to work but both the other screens on the second DisplayLink Adapter (connected via DVI and HDMI) would remain black and would not display anything, but would show up in the arrangement settings window and their power lights were on.

Connecting one of the screens to the second DisplayLink adapter via the DVI to VGA Adapter did work and allowed me to use two DisplayLink adapters successful, however connecting the Sixth External Screen via the HDMI port on the second DisplayLink adapter did not work.
WCCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
itadmincrbc

My dock is pointless. I can't get the second screen working at all with either the DVI to HDMI Adapter or just straight DVI. I had to still use displayport to HDMI on my laptop, making it yet another pointless feature of having a "dock".
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
alphadog

Yes - I too am using the displayport for one monitor and one connected to the dock. I do get GbE from the dock, but I hope it gets fixed soon. I keep installing the latest 10.9.1 but nothing is really different. I have not had a lockup or crash the few times I tried a second monitor - but going to sleep and I lose the monitor - sometimes both. So I only connect one to the dock.

I know displaylink blames Apple, but based on differences I see between the DisplayPort connection and the DisplayLink connection - I am pretty sure it is a DisplayLink issue.

With one or more DisplayLink monitors the MenuBar is corrupt - Missing Apple Icon at a minimum, and with 2 monitory all the icons get jumbled up. the DisplayPort is always correct - Apple icon on the right, and all others lined up nicely.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote