Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 AM   #1
bradhs

Default HDCP Support?

Hello,

Have a Lenovo M01061 connected to a MacBook Pro Early-2011. Trying to watch a movie on iTunes and noticed the Mac drivers do not support HDCP.

Also, performance isn't that great as it is on my PC. This is a MacBook Pro Early-2011 Sandy Bridge 13" i7.

thanks,
Bradley
bradhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhs View Post
Hello,

Have a Lenovo M01061 connected to a MacBook Pro Early-2011. Trying to watch a movie on iTunes and noticed the Mac drivers do not support HDCP.

Also, performance isn't that great as it is on my PC. This is a MacBook Pro Early-2011 Sandy Bridge 13" i7.

thanks,
Bradley
Hello,

Unfortunately in MacOS platform the devices using DisplayLink technology do not support HDCP.

Streaming services like iTunes, HBO, Amazon Prime, Netflix or Disney+, YouTube TV, Udemy etc. are using HDCP protected content. Which means that they will not work. This is currently one of the DisplayLink limitations.

In those cases the video would remain black while audio is still playing. Please take a look at this article: https://support.displaylink.com/know...y-on-mac-while

Due to limitation on our end it is expected that this feature does not work. We get feedback from many users that it is worth checking other browsers, many that were using Chrome have success with Firefox now. I hear that also changing the hardware acceleration settings in the browser helps.

If it was working for you then it is possible that the browser was allowing the content to be played even though there was the limitation and with the new update they updated their policy.

Unfortnately I cannot suggest any other workarounds as this was never meant to work.
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote