Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
TCNHMT

Exclamation Some USB-C adapter on Mojave 10.14.1 - No signal on HDMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by akprasad View Post
I can confirm Mojave 10.14.1 (release version) now works with Displaylink driver 5.0.1 on Macbook Pro 2018.

2 Displaylink monitors and 1 directly connected 4K USB-C monitor.

I have a USB-C Docking station connected to my 2018 Macbook Pro, I have Mojave 10.14.1 as well as the displaylink driver 5.0.1 installed. My external monitor will appear for a split second as though it wants to work, but then it just goes black and it states Input Signal not found. I have connected it to the dock using the hdmi port as well as using the mini display adapter. Neither works. The dock is also using the latest drivers and firmware (no update since I purchased it). Everything was working properly until the Mojave update.

Last edited by TCNHMT; 11-05-2018 at 05:29 PM.
TCNHMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello TCNHMT and welcome,

This post has been moved to a new thread as everyone else's feedback is that the OS has fixed the issue, with the issue described here being different symptoms from what is being discussed in the intial thread.

Would you please give details about what you're using on what?
If you could post the data from our support tool, that would also help me asking fewer questions. Just run the tool when everything is connected and should work but doesn't.
The most useful bit of information to start with before even using the tool would be to tell me details of the adapter you are using and the monitor, as the behaviour you are reporting is new (brand, model).

10.14.2 Beta 1 has the fix for black screens with mouse cursor only. As the issue was intermittent, it might have sometimes worked for one or two people on previous versions but olders OS builds are not fixed.
Because you are not seeing the mouse cursor as the screen says no signal, that tells me something else is taking place here.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
TCNHMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello TCNHMT and welcome,

This post has been moved to a new thread as everyone else's feedback is that the OS has fixed the issue, with the issue described here being different symptoms from what is being discussed in the intial thread.

Would you please give details about what you're using on what?
If you could post the data from our support tool, that would also help me asking fewer questions. Just run the tool when everything is connected and should work but doesn't.
The most useful bit of information to start with before even using the tool would be to tell me details of the adapter you are using and the monitor, as the behaviour you are reporting is new (brand, model).

10.14.2 Beta 1 has the fix for black screens with mouse cursor only. As the issue was intermittent, it might have sometimes worked for one or two people on previous versions but olders OS builds are not fixed.
Because you are not seeing the mouse cursor as the screen says no signal, that tells me something else is taking place here.

Kind regards,
Alban
Hi Alban!

My Macbook Pro 2018 (just purchased a month ago), is connected to a IOGEAR USB-C Docking Station, model GUD3C02. The mac is connect to this docking station and the dociking station comes with an HDMI adapter as well as mini dsiplay port. My External monitor, HP 27er, I have connected using both ports on the dock. Prior to the Mojave update, all was working as expected and I was using the HDMI cable. I have tried every resolution I have found online, but have been unsuccessful. When I unplug either display cable from the dock, wait 10 seconds, and then plug one in, the screen goes black for about 12 seconds and then the Input Signal Not found, Check the video cable and video source error appears. The monitor has 2 HDMI inputs; I have tested both and no changes. I have made sure that the input settings within the monitor are selecting the correct input as well.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Thank you very much,

From what I can see on the manufacturer web page about the product restrictions, this isn't a product using DisplayLink technology. Otherwise it wouldn't be only supporting one display on macOS (the asterisk) in specific plug combination.

https://www.iogear.com/product/GUD3C02/
You can also look at the product datasheet, this is an Alternative Mode Product, not a universal USB one.
The DisplayLink driver is no use to you as you don't have a product with our techno in it.

I recommend you contact the manufacturer for assistance on their product.

Kind regards,
Alban

Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
TCNHMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Thank you very much,

From what I can see on the manufacturer web page about the product restrictions, this isn't a product using DisplayLink technology. Otherwise it wouldn't be only supporting one display on macOS (the asterisk) in specific plug combination.

https://www.iogear.com/product/GUD3C02/
You can also look at the product datasheet, this is an Alternative Mode Product, not a universal USB one.
The DisplayLink driver is no use to you as you don't have a product with our techno in it.

I recommend you contact the manufacturer for assistance on their product.

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you Alban for taking the time to assist me with this issue, that wasn't an issue related to DisplayLink. My apologies.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
AlbanRampon

Arrow

That's alright, I'm keen on helping where I can.

There's no driver for this type of product. That's both the advantage and inconvenience... The same way having a driver for DisplayLink is both an advantage and inconvenience: you have to install something but at least we can improve the behaviour. It also means that unlike the Alternate Mode dock, we have less laptop hardware demands: we use real USB traffic, which is always present on a USB-C connector, and can go through USB hubs.

Kind regards,
Alban