Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
drewgainor

Default Cannot change rotation with beta 4 on OSX 10.7.2

For some reason when I try to change my display settings for the monitor using my Iogear usb to DVI, the display settings for that monitor do not have the rotation drop down. Is this an issue with beta 4 or something else?
Thanks
Drew
drewgainor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
ChristianP

The first time you open Display prefs, you need to press Command-Option keys while clicking on the Display prefs icon, in order to have the rotation option. If you have already open it, quit System preferences and reopen it, then try to open Display prefs with Command-Option keys pressed. I hope this help.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
drewgainor

Thanks so much that worked!
drewgainor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
gjames

I just wish the option would appear and stay there for the USB display. I have a MIMO display (purchased through ThinkGeek) with folding stand that supports rotation, but if I want to use it in any other custom rotation--if only temporarily--I have to remember to hold option-command. It only remembers that it can do it if I leave it in a setting other than "Standard". Is there a property list edit I can make to make it always appear, even when set to Standard?

The previous version suitable for Snow Leopard not only would display the Rotation field automatically, it would even list the one supported display resolution under Resolutions in the panel. With the 1.7 driver, it only displays the MIMO USB ("NANOVISION") display's resolution in the menu bar widget, not in the panel, making it look like the display is not supported at any resolution.

I also found I needed to change the arrangement once after boot for it to display windows properly on the MIMO. Wallpaper was there.
gjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
ChristianP

Unfortunately the rotation option problem is not caused by the driver, but it's due to a policy change in Lion. There are some third party tools that allows you to switch the rotation.
As for the resolutions not shown in the panel, we will try to reproduce your issue and I let you know.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote