Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release

Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #11
MickM

Can you please mention the bug number and I'll reinforce it with a BR of my own.
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
ladiciuus

I concur. Using 2.1 with Mavericks Gold Master and it is nearly unusable. The mouse movement is horrible. I usually run my windows VM (vmware fusion) on my second screen (via the usb adapter) and the mouse movement is a little better when in the VM. On ML it was the opposite, the movement was a little sluggish in the VM compared to OS X. Obviously 3d acceleration is turned off in the VM.

Last edited by ladiciuus; 10-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.
ladiciuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Symonty

Default Unusable on 10.9 GM, you must suggest Staying on 10.8

I am running some test machines using 10.9 and I will not be able to upgrade to mavericks on our normal machines until this is addressed.

A little disappointing since apple have finally fixed there multiple display issues on mavericks and I cant update to use this on our multiple display systems.

I suggest that you make sure you tell you mac users know that an upgrade is not suggested until this can be addressed, as we expect 10.9 to be launched this week, and things could get nasty for customer support.

:-)

Hope you can fix soon.

Last edited by Symonty; 10-17-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Symonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #14
MickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickM View Post
Can you please mention the bug number and I'll reinforce it with a BR of my own.
or not... :-/
Old 10-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
MacMastery

Default Bug numbers

I too would like the bug numbers.
MacMastery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #16
BMT

No bug number, but DisplayLink confirmed in the upcoming release planned for November 5th they believe the sluggishness should be fixed here.
BMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
MickM

Well either the developers are very confident they've fixed the problem for all possible Mac platforms and installed software combinations, or I'd suggest it might be worth their while to throw it out there to those willing to try it out as a beta...
Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
Wim

No beta, as we were finishing off the release. Now available from:

http://www.displaylink.com/mac

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
MickM

Hi Wim,

I just tried the new release and the video jittering is not fixed :-(. Even the small screen image of the DisplayLink monitor at the top of the screen when you invoke Mission Control is still completely broken. I've previously tried to make a video of all the jittering using QuickTime Player -> File -> New Screen Recording, but every time I try that the scrolling and jittering in the DisplayLink monitor turns as smooth as silk and life is wonderful. You should maybe look into why that is so and mimic what's going on because it would solve everything!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
gilesmartin

you said "jittering" is present but what about the lag? i think they said the jittering was due to some issues with OSX (which based on your experiment seems true)
gilesmartin is offline   Reply With Quote