Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Oktoz

Default Macbook Pro - Retina 13inch 2015 - Refresh rate

Hello,

I just bought a macbook pro and an universal docking station from Startech. I installed the last version of Displaylink. I am searching for a solution for my problem.

When I am working with the mac without the docking station, it works fine but when I connect the docking station with the external screens it look likes that the refresh rate of my screens is not the same as the mac, my mouse is really slow and trying to move windows/applications from one screen to the other screen is difficult.

I hope you guys can help me to find a solution for this matter.

Kind regards,
Yme

Last edited by Oktoz; 04-07-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Oktoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi Oktoz,

What resolution are you using on the DisplayLink screen(s)? Andy specific applications?

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
Oktoz

Hello Carlo,

The resolution i am using is 1920x1080, and I have 2 screens connected. I am using with my docking station 3 screens, 2 external and the mac. I am using Parallels also to use a virtual machine running Windows 10. But even when i am not using any program, the mouse is much slower on the 2 screens then on the screen of my Mac.
I also checked if my processor is using enough resources to support the 2 screens, but it seems it doesn't.

Best regards
Oktoz

Last edited by Oktoz; 04-12-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
Oktoz

Anyone can tell me why i still dont have any reply? I tryed again by installing the last version but still this problem isn't solved...
Old 08-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #5
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi OKtoz,

On Mac the performance of DisplayLink screens cannot be on par with the internal screen for many operations (due to APIs and the SW renderer) but moving the mouse pointer should work well.
Also I'd expect moving windows around to be fast enough for productivity use with a resolution of 1920x1080 (unless it's 1920x1080 retina). But certainly you'll see a delay compared to the internal screen.

So your user experience is somewhat below what I'd expect.
Unfortunately performance is not easy to debug remotely so opening a support case would not help much. Fortunately, we are now working on performance to make sure we're displaying 100% of what the operating system is giving us.

So in short I cannot provide any short term solution but we may have improvements in the next major release currently scheduled for this Fall.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote