Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
Morkai

Angry Toshiba Dynadock Dual Display Freezes / Crashes

I recently purchased a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 (PA3927U-1PRP) and have been struggling to get it to work with my setup. Drivers were installed successfully and the device is recognized normally upon connection. After a random amount of time (but never more than ~15 minutes), the mouse freezes, the external keyboard stops accepting input and the displays either go black or freeze, continuing to show the last image. The computer continues to function normally (laptop display, keyboard, and trackpad are functional). If I unplug and replug in the main USB connector on the Dynadock, the laptop display flickers every 3-5 seconds, and I receive a USB error in the system tray. To get things working again, I need to unplug everything from the Dynadock, restart the computer, then plug everything back in.

The driver's are current, and I've tried performing all troubleshooting instructions on the DisplayLink website, including reinstalling Dynadock and graphics card drivers while also using the DisplayLink cleanup tool. It's also important to note that this issue occurs when I only have a single display connected to the dock with no other USB devices (i.e. it does not seem to be a peripheral incompatibility). I have the log file from immediately after the most recent crash, occurring on 1/22/14 @ 11:40a, available upon request.

Connected to Dynadock:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T430s
- Dual 19" LCD displays
- USB keyboard & mouse
- External USB hard drive

Do I have a defective unit? Is this an odd driver incompatibility? Toshiba's technical support was no help, so I'm hoping to find something here. I'd love for this to work!

Last edited by Morkai; 01-22-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Morkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you attach the output of this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Morkai

Default Log file

Hi James,

Thanks for your quick reply! Please find the log file attached. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

- Patrick

Last edited by JamesH; 01-22-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 PM   #4
Morkai

Default Missing file

Hi James,

Sorry, this file was missing from the initial upload (may have been open at the time, preventing upload).

- Patrick

Last edited by JamesH; 01-22-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
Morkai

Default Additional Log Package

Hi James,

Here's a second log file of the issue (this time with advanced logging enabled). Also, I forgot to mention two things:

1. This has been occurring while running in "clamshell" mode (laptop shut).
2. The exact wording of the USB error is "USB Device Not Recognized."

- Patrick

Last edited by Morkai; 01-23-2014 at 03:52 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks, do you see the same issue with the laptop lid open?

James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #7
Morkai

Default Update - Success?

Hi James,

I tried the Dynadock with the laptop lid open this evening, switching the built-in display off in the Screen Resolution control panel and running with the two external displays (just as I would with the lid closed). After more than an hour of use, the issue has NOT reoccurred. I also noticed that the Power Options control panel had conflicting settings with the Lenovo Power Management control panel with regards to behavior on lid closure. I matched them up (set to "Do Nothing"), crossed my fingers, and closed the lid. I'm hoping I don't jinx myself...but no issues after 30+ minutes.

I'll update this thread after I have a chance to put the rig through its paces, but either of those changes could have done the trick. Or maybe it's something else entirely. Either way, let me know if the log turns up anything. Thanks!

- Patrick

Tags
crash, drivers, dual dislay, dynadock, freeze