Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
MickM

Default ALL my DisplayLink problems solved!

What always bothered me with my MacBook Pro is that I to burn a perfectly good mini-DisplayPort (or ThunderBolt) connector just for ethernet because I use Apple's ThunderBolt to ethernet adapter. That led me to DisplayLink so I could use a spare USB port for my external display, and that in turn led to a whole host of problems with the DisplayLink driver that I've suffered through for ages now (window server crashes and sudden logouts, screen jitters, unacceptable lagging etc).

Then it dawned on me - for only $20 I could buy a USB3 to gigabit ethernet adapter and thus free up the mini-DisplayPort connector for my external display. I purchased the following:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...rds=B00C50FSPU

I've now done this and I gotta tell you it's just great!! I guess I don't expect this post to last long because it doesn't help the people who produce the DisplayLink hardware, but it is a much better, much cheaper solution for those who are able to do this.
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
kenniki

You solved none of your 'DisplayLink problems', you replaced the entire system.
This post helps no one and you should at least edit the title of it because people are clicking on this in hopes you had solved the driver problems.

Protip: Some people have the DisplayPort used for a monitor already and are connecting a secondary using DisplayLink, which is the only way to connect more than one external display to a MacBook Air without buying expensive Thunderbolt displays.

Last edited by kenniki; 05-25-2014 at 12:15 PM.
kenniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
D43m0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenniki View Post

You solved none of your 'DisplayLink problems', you replaced the entire system.
This post helps no one and you should at least edit the title of it because people are clicking on this in hopes you had solved the driver problems.

Protip: Some people have the DisplayPort used for a monitor already and are connecting a secondary using DisplayLink, which is the only way to connect more than one external display to a MacBook Air without buying expensive Thunderbolt displays.
I can only agree
D43m0n is offline   Reply With Quote