Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
Peter Makaza
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Angry DisplayLink USB Graphics Software 5.0.1 for macOS - Mojave 10.14 NOT WORKING

Latest DisplayLink Software Release 5.0.1 NOT WORKING on Mojave 10.14

i have tried everything on your website and nothing works.

please provide assistance
Peter Makaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
mlukaszek
Senior Member
 
mlukaszek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 366
Default

I assume you are using 10.14.4 beta?

If yes, it is a known problem with this beta of the O/S. Our confidence level of getting this resolved in subsequent beta builds is high, please look forward to updates of macOS.

If this is happening on public production quality O/S builds, please attach your logs so this can be inspected.

Kind regards,
Michal

Last edited by mlukaszek; 01-31-2019 at 12:29 PM. Reason: more clarity
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
bradrian
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Post

Reverting to 10.13 stable build has successfully restored my functionality. Basically not updating is the current solution until the next beta comes out, hopefully not borked.
bradrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
Uummmyeahhh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Default

How were you able to roll back your OS on the Beta program? I can't seem to find any documentation, and I had not previously been backing up on TimeMachine.
Uummmyeahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #5
Martila4166
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Default

I received my docking last night and installed it. I'm using OS X 10.14.3, after attempting multiple times because my monitor was being powered, but there was not signal coming through I finally got it to work. It's very important and what worked for me was to allow the displaylink to run. Make sure that once the drivers (5.0.1) are installed after the reboot, that you go to sys preferenes>security & privacy and allow the application to run. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Hope this helps someone.

LM

Last edited by Martila4166; 02-01-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Martila4166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:55 PM   #6
bradrian
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uummmyeahhh View Post
How were you able to roll back your OS on the Beta program? I can't seem to find any documentation, and I had not previously been backing up on TimeMachine.
I restarted my Mac Mini in recovery mode, and you then have the option of installing the most recent stable version.
bradrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #7
jasonmcartor
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martila4166 View Post
I received my docking last night and installed it. I'm using OS X 10.14.3, after attempting multiple times because my monitor was being powered, but there was not signal coming through I finally got it to work. It's very important and what worked for me was to allow the displaylink to run. Make sure that once the drivers (5.0.1) are installed after the reboot, that you go to sys preferenes>security & privacy and allow the application to run. This was the only thing that worked for me.

Hope this helps someone.

LM
I'm running Mojave 10.14.3 upgraded to a new machine and now can't get DisplayLink to work *black monitors. I've used DL for a long time and it worked fine before my upgrade. You're running 10.14.3? I've checked the "Allow Application to Run" in System Prefs, but still no luck. Thanks.
jasonmcartor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 PM   #8
s354378
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Default Macbook 15" 2018 HP Elite USB-C

I have had success with 10.14.3 and 5.0.1 on a Macbook Pro 15" 2018 and HP Elite USB-C Dock. With 10.14.1 there were only black screens and mouse cursors.
s354378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:37 AM   #9
Skywalker
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s354378 View Post
I have had success with 10.14.3 and 5.0.1 on a Macbook Pro 15" 2018 and HP Elite USB-C Dock. With 10.14.1 there were only black screens and mouse cursors.
I'm on 10.14.4 with driver 5.0.1 on a Macbook Air 2018 and this combination is not working.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.