Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
bep

Default Display doesnt work despite new driver - ASUS doesnt know why

Hi,

i bought the Display Link 169B+ a couple months ago to run it on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina from about 2014. Despite many attempts and check with the Asus hotline it still doesnt work.

I installed the ASUS driver, and the Display Link Driver (same i think) several times and deinstalled and installed again. Seemed to have worked fine.

But the display still doesnt work. The ASUS sign appears when connecting it but then goes into sleep mode.

The computer doesnt fully researt when the display is connected but hangs and only researts when unplugging the display. With a much older MacbookPro without retina it works fine on USB2 port but on mine nothing. On all other Win laptops i tried it also worked.

Asus hotline said its not compatible with the Mac. but thats just not true.

Any suggestions on how i can fix this please ?!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
mlukaszek

Hi,

Consider connecting the device though a good quality, powered, USB hub. Issues like these could be an indication of the device not getting enough current from the host machine.

Cheers,
Michal
mlukaszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #3
bep

Default Power

Hi Michal,

yes i considered the electricity issue. But there is simply no way. The old mac has merely USB 2.0 with less power, whereas i tried it on both ports of the macbook pro 13 inch which fully support USB3 external hard drives etc with sufficient power. There is no way the outcoming power is not suffiicient to run the display. I had this with one of the win laptops where it only works on one port.

But i think it might be more a software / driver issue. When installing the driver and then restarting the laptop does not restart and freezes on a black screen. Only detaching the screen and rebooting helps. ALso when deinstalling the laptop then freezes at restart. I cannot restart when the display is plugged in... But i tried all the offiicial drivers and nothing works.
bep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:19 PM   #4
dolphinman

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bep View Post
Hi,

i bought the Display Link 169B+ a couple months ago to run it on my 13" Macbook Pro Retina from about 2014. Despite many attempts and check with the Asus hotline it still doesnt work.

I installed the ASUS driver, and the Display Link Driver (same i think) several times and deinstalled and installed again. Seemed to have worked fine.

But the display still doesnt work. The ASUS sign appears when connecting it but then goes into sleep mode.

The computer doesnt fully researt when the display is connected but hangs and only researts when unplugging the display. With a much older MacbookPro without retina it works fine on USB2 port but on mine nothing. On all other Win laptops i tried it also worked.

Asus hotline said its not compatible with the Mac. but thats just not true.

Any suggestions on how i can fix this please ?!
----------------------
Sorry to hear yours is not working.

I also just bought the ASUS MB169B+ (w DisplayLink) yesterday from Amazon for my 15" MacBook Pro (Mid-2015, Retina, running High Sierra 10.13.3). It worked perfectly after installing the DL 4.1 drivers...

However, (as of today 3/30/18) after updating to OSX 10.13.4 it does NOT work. I only get the ASUS logo and no mirror capability. It is a known issue but extremely frustrating. Hopefully, this will get resolved very quickly (within a few days)! Good luck to you.
dolphinman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus mb 169b+, driver, mac, not working, problem