Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
custerc

Default No motion, no sound...

Just got my DisplayLink USB 2.0 to HDMI converter in the mail. I installed the latest Mac driver from the site onto my 10.7.5 Macbook Air, connected the device to my computer, and then plugged the HDMI cable from the (3 or 4 year old Sony Bravia) TV into the device.

At first I got nothing at all but a black screen. The TV said "audio only" but there was no audio coming out of the speakers either. One light on the device itself was blue, but the one closer to the HDMI plug was red.

After some fiddling and opening the displays menu on the computer, now when I connect the device I can see an image of my screen on the TV, but it is totally static. There is no mouse, no sound, and no motion, no way to scroll or open a video or do anything. It's just like someone took a screenshot and then made that appear, static, on the TV. Nothing I have done so far has enabled me to see any kind of movement on the big screen or hear any sound.

Are there some settings I need to tweak in my OS, or perhaps on the TV? I haven't had any issues with other HDMI devices inputting to this TV...
custerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by custerc View Post
Just got my DisplayLink USB 2.0 to HDMI converter in the mail. I installed the latest Mac driver from the site onto my 10.7.5 Macbook Air, connected the device to my computer, and then plugged the HDMI cable from the (3 or 4 year old Sony Bravia) TV into the device.

At first I got nothing at all but a black screen. The TV said "audio only" but there was no audio coming out of the speakers either. One light on the device itself was blue, but the one closer to the HDMI plug was red.

After some fiddling and opening the displays menu on the computer, now when I connect the device I can see an image of my screen on the TV, but it is totally static. There is no mouse, no sound, and no motion, no way to scroll or open a video or do anything. It's just like someone took a screenshot and then made that appear, static, on the TV. Nothing I have done so far has enabled me to see any kind of movement on the big screen or hear any sound.

Are there some settings I need to tweak in my OS, or perhaps on the TV? I haven't had any issues with other HDMI devices inputting to this TV...
Sounds to me like you may have simply gotten a defective device.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote