Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
maver1ck

Default New late 2011 MacBook Pro problems

Hey all, first of all I want to thank you for supporting this product and helping users with their issues, I work in software development and so many times companies release drivers that are pre beta and if you are unlucky enough to have problems then you are pretty much out of luck, its almost as if they feel you should consider yourself lucky they even tried to make a driver to support you.

Anyways, I don't get that feeling from you all, and I just wanted to thank you for that.

I was using an older MacBook Pro for a long time, I used it very successfully with Snow Leopard, and the Multi View II, after I upgraded to a new MacBook Pro about 2 weeks ago I had to go about finding drivers. I have two samsung monitors I would like to use but I'm having problems with crashes.

If I use the monitor for anything eventually I get a crash. The crash logs me out of Lion on the mac screen and the samsung screen plugged directly in to the computer, but the samsung screen on the multi view adapter locks up and does nothing until I unplug it and plug it back in. At first I couldn't tell if this was happening because of the adapter or not so I left it unplugged for a long time and never had any other issues with crashes like this.

I really have gotten a lot of use out of this product, as a web developer its so helpful to have multiple monitors. I'm happy to send you any data I can gather, just let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot the problem. I understand these drivers are still in beta, and they seem to be getting close but I can't afford the time or the risk of crashing finder, eventually I will lose some work.

Thanks!
maver1ck is offline   Reply With Quote