Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
LagaV

Default Display Sleep again broken with Mavericks 10.9.2 Update?

Hi!

Did anybody else notice, that "display sleep" is (again) broken with the latest OSX update on Mavericks (10.9.2) and the 2.1 driver?

LagaV
LagaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi LagaV,

It works OK for me. What kind of issue are you seeing and which Mac model do you have?

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
earle

Hi Carlo,

I have a Macbook Pro 8,2 and I have 2 displaylink adapters (StarTech, HIS), currently I am only using one of them at any given moment.

Both adapters are experiencing issues with putting the display to sleep. This did work fine previously on the HIS adapter but now that is not working either. The StarTech never did work correctly when the display went to sleep.
earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
LagaV

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Hi LagaV,

It works OK for me. What kind of issue are you seeing and which Mac model do you have?

Carlo
My issues were:

DisplayLink Adapter: Kensington M01063
Mac: iMac i7 Late 2009

Display connected to the DisplayLink module is blanked, when put to sleep, but the display is not turned off, the background LED is still on.

This was for a long time a problem, but was fixed awhile ago with the 2.1 driver.

Right now for unknownreasons the display is no longer detected by OSX, the Kensington adapter is correctly listed in the USB device tree, but not detected as a display.

LagaV
Old 03-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
LagaV

Default Beta 2.2 still not putting display to sleep

Follow up:

a) Installed 2.2 Beta driver this morning

b) DisplayLink device is no working again (10.9.2 Mavericks)

c) Display Sleep for the Displaylink device is still broken. Screen is blanked, but remain powered.

LagaV
Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #6
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagaV View Post
Follow up:

a) Installed 2.2 Beta driver this morning

b) DisplayLink device is no working again (10.9.2 Mavericks)

c) Display Sleep for the Displaylink device is still broken. Screen is blanked, but remain powered.

LagaV
Thank you for the update LagaV,

Do you mean "now working again"?

We'll try again to reproduce the display sleep issue with your device, we should have one.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
earle

I was able to get the display sleep to work by using the apple menu and selecting sleep.

But what used to work and does not anymore is the automatic sleep and hot corner.

For example when the macbook puts itself to sleep the displays are normally turned off, this is now not the case with the one display connected to the displaylink device. The screen is dark but the power is still on while the other display (same model) that is connected to the thunderbolt is turned off.

This is the same if I use the hot corner "Put Display to Sleep". Again it use to work correctly with the display link device and now it doesn't.

But if I put the macbook to sleep via the apple menu then everything works.
earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
LagaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by earle View Post
I was able to get the display sleep to work by using the apple menu and selecting sleep.

But what used to work and does not anymore is the automatic sleep and hot corner.

For example when the macbook puts itself to sleep the displays are normally turned off, this is now not the case with the one display connected to the displaylink device. The screen is dark but the power is still on while the other display (same model) that is connected to the thunderbolt is turned off.

This is the same if I use the hot corner "Put Display to Sleep". Again it use to work correctly with the display link device and now it doesn't.

But if I put the macbook to sleep via the apple menu then everything works.
Earle,

you are right. Standby mode puts all displays to standby mode including the Displaylink connected display.

"Display Sleep" (System Preferences - Energy Save) or via Hotcorner or keyboard shortcut should also put all displays (and only them, not the entire Mac) to standby. Unfortunately this only blackens the Displaylink connected display.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
LagaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Thank you for the update LagaV,

Do you mean "now working again"?

We'll try again to reproduce the display sleep issue with your device, we should have one.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo,

My Displaylink device was (for unknown reasons) completely "not working" with Mavericks and driver version 2.1.

Driver version 2.2 reenabled the device, but "Display sleep" is only blackening the screen , not putting it to standby.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #10
getgadgets

Hot Corner and Display Sleep doesn't work for me with Mavericks and 2.2 Beta. My screen does not blank/sleep at all...only the laptop monitor goes blank.

I held off upgrading to Mavericks until yesterday.
getgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote