Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
reballer

Default can't install or unistall latest drivers

bought the mimo 720s touchscreen usb display, first i installed it with CD it came with and worked okay but during the game there were bugs with it so i decided to update to latest drivers, i downloaded the displaylink drivers 7.1 and during installation of that driver it won't complete or it sometimes says being used by other programs and also says can not close skype, internet explorer, catalyst.

I'M a computer tech myself and tried every way possible to delete and unistall the drivers but to no avail, i tried the cleaner it still wouldnt unistall and clicking on cancel unistall just hangs with no changes.

the display works on another laptop but i am very very furstrated since i just paid lot of money for this display.
i did tons of restarts, i deleted the display folder in programs files still wont let me unistall or install.
i went registry folder and deleted the entries. i can install 5.6 drivers without the device plugged in but when i plug the device and restart my pc the device doesn't work it shows green page, then blue page then checker boxed page.
the latest drivers wont complete or say being used by other program where no other program is running from displaylink. when installing the old drivers the display won't work either.

Windows 7 64 bit sp1
radeon hd7970

Last edited by reballer; 01-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.
reballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
spacklewoof

Im not a moderator or employee, just another technical user, but have you tried uninstalling in safe mode with the display unplugged?
spacklewoof is offline   Reply With Quote