Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
mcslagerhaden

Default USB Video Adapter Not Sending Video

Win 8, new Acer i7 computer with HD 4000 integrated graphics, but I am not using the integrated graphics. I have a NVIDIA GT 520 installed with the latest drivers with two screens on it. I followed instructions for uninstalling and installing latest 7.1 drivers.

My screen in black. The device is sending a signal. In fact, Windows recognizes the display and I can change the resolution (confirmed on the displays menus). Windows even reports the correct brand and model number for the display. However, there is no image. It's just a black screen.

I confirmed there is only the one display adapter listed in Device Manager. The USB to Video device also appears in the Device Manager.

I tried it with two monitors, different brands, different native resolutions.

My computer has USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, but I am using the 2.0 ports only.

Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JASON-ACER_20130105_182650.zip (681.7 KB, 9 views)
mcslagerhaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
mcslagerhaden

One interesting point. Even though the driver I installed was 7.1M0, if I look at the Sabrent USB-DH88 in Device Manager, the driver is listed as 7.0.43526.0 with a date of 11/20/2012. When I try to install 7.1M0 again, it says the software is up to date.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
JamesH

Hi

Can you try upgrading your graphics driver to the latest http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-...driver-uk.html ?

Let me know if the issue persists afterwards.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
mcslagerhaden

Did that. Uninstalled DisplayLink. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Same thing.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
JamesH

Hi,

Are you able to try a different video cable?

Regards,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
mcslagerhaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Hi,

Are you able to try a different video cable?

Regards,
James
I did that. I tried multiple monitors, multiple cables, and a variety of adapters.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
mcslagerhaden

Ok, now I'm pissed. I bought another brand I hardware, the HIS Multiview II, only to find out that it uses the DisplayLink software, too. Guess what... SAME PROBLEM!

So that eliminates hardware. How about making your software work with Windows 8 before announcing that it does. It clearly doesn't.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
mcslagerhaden

BTW - removed the Nvidia card and tried it using integrated graphics only. Still doesn't work.

Yes, I completely removed the Nvidia drivers, too.

Waste of time.

I purchased these products to avoid getting a PCI x1 graphics card because I am out of x16 slots. I guess that was a bad idea.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
mattgores

I've had the most frustrating day with the Targus USB3 dock w/ dual video. I tried 3 docks. Each dock worked for a short time, one of them until I rebooted, but now they are just DOA as far as video ports go. I only see the Generic Monitor (laptop) and that's it. They don't work on other laptops either. The external monitors are black, so they get some sort of signal, but that's it. I've spent a ton of time on the phone w/ Targus too to no avail. Frustrating! For some reason the 3rd dock worked and continued to work. I have a feeling there was a bad batch or some bad firmware update process.
mattgores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
mcslagerhaden

I just bought a PCI x1 card for my PC on Amazon. Returning my DisplayLink product tomorrow. I should have listened to my gut from the start.

Too bad- I had high hopes for a laptop add'l monitor, too. I won't go down the USB adapter route again, especially if it uses this software.