Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #11
PaulJ

There is a new build on our website and it seems as though it's already being seen by some users on Windows Update. This release should fix the issue seen with the latest AMD drivers.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #12
Smalltoid

I thought my problems were resolved. I've found that with the new update, whenever my machine has been in sleep mode and wakes up, there is a solid blue field over the main monitor. It's not a BSOD; it's just a solid field that appears to be covering the desktop. I can move the cursor across it but cannot click anything. When I hover over an icon on the taskbar, everything shows up normally until I move the mouse from the icon. Also, if I CTRL+ALT-DEL, the menu shows up and I'm able to select an option. What's weird is that, when I change the main monitor to a different monitor with a higher resolution, the field will cover about 85% of the monitor with bottom 1.5 inches or so still exposed (including the taskbar). I can click the icons that are within that uncovered portion of the monitor, but when the programs open, I can still only see the bottom (unless I hover over the taskbar icon, then the blue field goes away).
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #13
Smalltoid

It seems the blue field appears only after the computer has been asleep, and appears only on whichever monitor is selected as the main monitor. Once it's there, I can't figure out how to get it to go away without restarting.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #14
PaulJ

That's really odd. It sounds like there's a window that is staying on top of everything else hence you can open programs but only use the exposed region.

Could you check if the issue happens without DisplayLink software installed? If it doesn't happen could you then try disconnecting the DisplayLink device when in this error state and see if the window goes away?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #15
Smalltoid

The problem occurs only with the DisplayLink software installed. Also, when the software is installed, every time I disconnect the DisplayLink adapter, I get a BSOD.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #16
PaulJ

The BSOD is probably the known issue that Microsoft have fixed internally but no public release contains the fix yet unfortunately. Can you instead boot without the DisplayLink device attached and then go into sleep mode and see if it happens when you wake the machine up again?
Old 04-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #17
Smalltoid

I don't seem to have the problem with the device disconnected. I also noticed that when my highest resolution monitor is set as the primary monitor when the blue field appears, if I change the main monitor to one of the others, the blue field will extend beyond that monitor onto the adjacent monitor. So, the size of the blue field is apparently determined by the resolution of the main monitor at the time the computer goes to sleep.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #18
PaulJ

OK, I'm not sure there's anything more I can suggest you try to help us diagnose this so the next step is to generate logs using our support tool so we can see if they show anything or else help us reproduce it here.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
Smalltoid

Here is the support file. By the way, whenever I check the box for advanced logging, I get a BSOD.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CPU228_20150416_143308.zip (980.3 KB, 782 views)
Old 04-17-2015, 09:55 AM   #20
PaulJ

Thanks for the logs. Can you try something else please? When the system is in this state try pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and load Task Manager. If you can't see a task manager window try pressing ALT-Space then M. Then use the arrow keys to move the window left or right and try and get it onto a screen not covered by this phantom window. You should then see a list of processes and applications running on the system. What we're looking for is something using lots of CPU cycles and/or memory. If you see something could you take a screenshot or photo and attach it to the thread?

The BSOD you mentioned I'm sure is the same one you see when connecting/disconnecting that is a Microsoft issue which is currently only fixed internally.