Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
dmitryr

Default How to disable video portion and only keep Ethernet, USB and Audio?

I have a Targus USB 3.0 docking station ACP71USZ and Asuz laptop with Intel 5000 graphics and mini Display Port video output.

I want to use my hi-res miniDP port to feed hi-res monitor and use Targus only for USB, Audio and Ethernet.

I have DisplayLink software v7.5M0 on Windows 8.1

Every time I connect to the docking station it deactivates the signal to my external monitor via miniDP output and I forced to use lower-res Targus video output. Disabling Targus USB Monitor and DisplayLink USB Monitor devices in Windows Device Manager will not help.

Once I stop DisplayLink Windows service, the signal to the monitor immediately activates, but Ethernet, Audio and USB ports on Targus become inactive.

How can I use my laptop's video output together with the Targus docking station?
Can I disable video functionality of Display Link and just keep the rest?
dmitryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Wim

You should be able to disable the video device under "USB Display Adapters" in device manager. This disables the USB driver for the video part.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #3
dmitryr

I tried to disable USB Display Adapter in the Device Manager. It has no effect. The moment docking station is plugged in, the Video output from internal HDMI/DP is deactivated.
If I stop DisplayLink service and connect the docking station, the video output from internal HDMI/DP works normally, but USB/Ethernet ports on the docking station do not work.
dmitryr is offline   Reply With Quote