Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-09-2022, 12:38 AM   #1
Iron

Question Disable DisplayLink on Dell D6000?

Hello everyone,

is it possible to disable the DisplayLink software on Windows, so that the Dell D6000 Docking Station connects directly to the on-board graphics, without the DisplayLink technology intercepting the connection?

I am fairly sure that the Dell D6000 adapter would be able to handle this, as I've had this use case when using an M1 MacBook Air w/ the Dell D6000. Upon connecting the MacBook to D6000, one external monitor is usable. Additional monitors are usable only after installing the DisplayLink macOS software. This showed me that the Dock can function without any DisplayLink software in action.

The dock is great for doing actual work, but when gaming or doing anything video related, the performance is more often than not sub-optimal. Due to this I'd like to disable the DisplayLink software, so that, even though I may lose additional monitors, at least I'd have high framerate and smooth video on at least one external display without having to swap any cables.

The Windows device I'm using is Dell Inspiron 5406 with: Intel i7-1165G7 and on-board Intel Iris Xe Graphics.

Please let me know if any additional information would be required for this. I'd be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance and kind regards!
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, software, windows