Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #1
samhc

Angry Cannot click desktop icons using Mac's Show Desktop function

In Mac version 1.6 of DisplayLink on M1 MacBook Pro 13" (Monterey, 12.1), I can no longer click on desktop icons using the Mac's built-in Show Desktop function. When I invoke Show Desktop, windows and apps slide away as normal, but my desktop icons are unclickable. When I click, the mouse cursor changes to an up arrow and I cannot select anything:

I've determined that DisplayLink is the culprit because if I quit DisplayLink, and then invoke Show Desktop, selecting icons on the desktop is back to normal and works 100% correctly.

Help! And thanks!

Last edited by samhc; 01-01-2022 at 03:20 PM. Reason: more detail, better screenshot
samhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Roni1979

Default Same here

Sinc Update to version 1.6 I got the same that no desktop icon is clickable for show desktop. But only on "one" Monitor on the the second monitor everything works as it should! I hope there will be a update soon.
Roni1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 01:47 PM   #3
samhc

I sent in a support request. The support person says that it may have something to do with Hot Corners on Mac. Hot Corners are disabled for me, so that's not it. But just throwing it out there in case it's helpful to anyone else. Please do report back!
Old 01-04-2022, 03:27 PM   #4
Roni1979

Default Going Back to version 1.5

Hi!

I´m going back to version 1.5 and everything works pretty fine. And for sure it has to do with Hot corner because this should be the function if I use hot corner every window will be visible and I should take files or anything else from Desktop, but with 1.6 this will not work anymore especially on display 1, on display 2 it works as it should!
Roni1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:48 PM   #5
samhc

I don't think it's Hot Corners specifically... I think it's just the Show Desktop function that Hot Corners is triggering. Like I mentioned, I have my Hot Corners disabled and am still experiencing the same issue.

I'll likely go back to 1.5 too. That's a good idea... for now.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:54 PM   #6
samhc

Yep, I went back to the last version (1.5) and the issue has been resolved. Hoping that the next release solves this!
Old 02-03-2022, 08:03 PM   #7
abean

Default Resolved by reverting to v1.5

Confirming this issue was affecting me as well. I'm on Big Sur 11.6.3.

I was NOT able click on my main laptop desktop file icons after invoking the hot corner to show the desktop – however, I could click on desktop files on my remote desktops.

After reverting back to version 1.5 the issue was fixed and I can now click on any file located on any desktop.

Glad I was able to resolve this as it's incredibly useful for me to access desktop files (after all, what's the point of showing the desktop if I can't access anything on it?).

Hopefully a fix will be released with the next update!
abean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:38 PM   #8
sluki

I can confirm it on a 2020 M1 MBP, macOS 12.2, DLM 1.6.0. And I don't even have a DL device connected at the moment.
I can't use the desktop on the build in screen when the DLM is running. When I quit it the desktop starts working again. Then I start DLM and the desktop stops working.
sluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #9
paultzirides

Unhappy Confirming this issues as well

This is also the case on my workstation. I have submitted a bug report about this as well.
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:44 AM   #10
diesel

+1.
We're many having this issue and it should be definitely looked at by the display link team. Soon!
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote