Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #61
fabietto.re

Unhappy

Problems here as well. I just updated to Catalina my Mac Mini (late 2012), installed the new beta drivers and provided the required screen recording authorisation. The DisplayLink screen is correctly recognised by the OS and seems to be active (windows can be moved to there), although it is completely blank (not even the mouse pointer can be seen).
Old 10-14-2019, 01:09 PM   #62
Noodles

I think the root cause of this problem is the same as posted here. Gives more details of what the issue is and how to work around it:

https://blog.obdev.at/how-kernel-pre...acos-catalina/
Old 10-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #63
Swigs

Default Still not working cont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspintzyk View Post
Hi swigs,
I have found other solution, however I am not sure how reliable it is.
Instructions are:
1. Uninstall displaylink driver.
2. Enter macOS Recovery mode
3. In terminal enter command:
csrutil disable
4. Boot to normal macOS and enter command in terminal:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
and reboot
5. Boot to normal macOS. At this stage kextstat | grep DisplayLink should be empty
6. Enter command in terminal
sudo csrutil clear
This will enable system integrity protection disabled in step 2.

So I went through all the steps above, and kextstat | grep DisplayLink was indeed empty after that. However, when I went back into recovery mode after completing all the above steps to input the kextcache -I /Volumes/MyDisk command, I got a similar output as before as seen in the attached screenshot. And for whatever reason it was no longer recognizing the kextstat | grep DisplayLink command now too..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3864.jpg (89.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #64
lspintzyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigs View Post
So I went through all the steps above, and kextstat | grep DisplayLink was indeed empty after that. However, when I went back into recovery mode after completing all the above steps to input the kextcache -I /Volumes/MyDisk command, I got a similar output as before as seen in the attached screenshot. And for whatever reason it was no longer recognizing the kextstat | grep DisplayLink command now too..
That is fine, you after exit from recovery mode, you can install DisplayLink 5.2.1beta driver.
It should work at that moment, if not, then please attach logs. (Using that tool https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=66)
Old 10-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #65
Swigs

Default Still not working cont..

Quote:
That is fine, you after exit from recovery mode, you can install DisplayLink 5.2.1beta driver.
It should work at that moment, if not, then please attach logs. (Using that tool https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=66)
Yea I did that yesterday and didn't have any success. Please see the attached log files and let me know if you need anything else
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20191015_104228.zip (764.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #66
warlockuk

I had an issue where after updating to Catalina (dumb idea on first release ) my monitor on a displaylink-powered dongle was blurry and had a weirdish res being stretched to 1920x1200. (Probably rendering at 1920x1080 and stretching).

Updated to the beta driver. Screen black. Nothing to do but just unplug it.

Today's Catalina update got applied and now the screen works perfectly again - maybe the update process rebuilds something /shrug.

But worth a go for anyone suffering Black Screen Blues.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #67
lspintzyk

Hi Swigs, all

In the attachment I had put dl_cache_fix_wizard.command script, that is guiding you in order to fix the problem. Since we need one manual step(going to recovery mode) it can't be fully automatic.

If all will be fine you will be prompted to install displaylink driver with such message:
"System cache integrity is correct. Please install DisplayLink driver ..."
Attached Files
File Type: zip dl_cache_fix_wizard.zip (559 Bytes, 4 views)
Old 10-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #68
Swigs

Quote:
Hi Swigs, all

In the attachment I had put dl_cache_fix_wizard.command script, that is guiding you in order to fix the problem. Since we need one manual step(going to recovery mode) it can't be fully automatic.

If all will be fine you will be prompted to install displaylink driver with such message:
Every time I try to download the file it takes me to the forum login screen for whatever reason and it says I don't have permission to download the attachment? Any way to upload it in another way? Not sure why I'm being restricted.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #69
mejasonca

Default Same Issue

Since the update to Catalina last night, my new MacBook can see my Displaylink monitor, but it is always just a mirror of one of my other directly connected monitors. I have tried everything suggested in this forum with no luck.

I did just figure a work-around of sorts. If the Displaylink monitor is set as the primary monitor (the one with the desktop links), then it no longer mirrors another monitor. Not ideal in my setup, but I can live with it.

Last edited by mejasonca; 10-17-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #70
garage_logician

Quote:
Hi Swigs, all

I can't download it either. :-(
Closed Thread