Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
mikefoley

Unhappy i7 MBA 10.7.2 DL 1.7 main display switching issues

Hi,

With Displaylink uninstalled, if I plug my i7 MBA (10.7.2) into an external monitor via a TB-DVI adapter with the lid closed, the display switches to the external adapter when I click on the USB keyboard. Great, awesome.

Install Displaylink 1.7. Monoprice DL adapter unplugged. Plug in TB-DVI and USB keyboard. Click on the USB keyboard and the Apple logo lights up. The display is running on the closed lid. In order to switch to the external display, I have to open the lid, log in, click restart and shut the lid quickly. Only upon restart will the display switch.

I worked with Apple support on this and we confirmed it was the Displaylink driver. Any help here? Glad to try some beta code.

mike
mikefoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
ChristianP

Thanks for your report. Yes this is a know issue, there are some problems with the lid mode on Lion. We are able to replicate the issue and we need to work on this.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
mikefoley

Smile It's not just me then.

Awesome, thanks for confirming it. Let me know if you need someone to test it. Glad to help. Apple would like to know as well. If you want, I can share the contact info and case number with you privately.

I think it was working ok with 10.7 and when I went to 10.7.1 is when it broke.

mike
Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
cshbell

Is this related to this issue?
http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1232

If so, any update from DisplayLink on whether or not this issue is being looked at? It’s increasingly frustrating for those of us who move from desktop to laptop mode regularly.
cshbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshbell View Post
Is this related to this issue?
http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1232

If so, any update from DisplayLink on whether or not this issue is being looked at? It’s increasingly frustrating for those of us who move from desktop to laptop mode regularly.
No, it's a different issue. Unfortunately there is no fix yet for the phantom screen bug, but we will try to fix it.
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
tsihh

mikefoley, have you tried detect displays shortcut CMD+F2 (or CMD+FN+F2)?
tsihh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
mikefoley

No, I haven't tried that but I'll give it a go this week. Right-clicking and selecting "Detect Displays" doesn't work. As Christian said, the bug is in going into lid mode and switching to the external display.

Christian, any update on a fix?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
mikefoley

Default 10.7.3 = no changes

FWIW, I just upgraded my MBA to 10.7.3. No change in behavior. Still need to restart and close lid quickly to make the display port display become the primary.

Any update on an update? I'm glad to beta something privately.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
leader716

Default Same Issue

Yea I'm having the same issue, I also up for private beta if needed.
leader716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
bwmartin

Default Clamshell mode problems

Does anyone know if the clamshell mode problem described in this Apple forum (https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0) was (or was supposed to be) resolved with the recent recent 1.8 Alpha 1 driver release?

I'm having this same problem in 10.7.3 on a 13" MBA. I just downloaded and installed the latest DisplayLink driver (1.8 Alpha 1)—even uninstalled the old one first using the uninstaller included—and had hoped that this would help but I am still having the same problem.

I have one monitor running off the Thunderbolt port (using the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter) and another with a Plugable UGA-165 USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapter. I am assuming that the one running off the USB port is the problem but I'm not certain.

The two external monitors work fine, but I don't need or want the internal LCD going while it's supposed to be in clamshell mode. (Though obviously it's not actually in clamshell mode; that glowing white Apple seems to indicate that.)

Is this a DisplayLink issue or an Apple issue? How do I go about reporting it to either (Apple or DisplayLink)?

I've only had the MBA a month so I suppose I can call them (Apple). I filled out the bug form that one of the earlier posts on the Apple forum mentioned, but that seems like sending an email to nowhere--no idea if anyone will read it much less act on it.

Thanks in advance.
bwmartin is offline   Reply With Quote