Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
circlecomputers

Default WMS Failed to Connect to Windows Update server

Hi

I'm having some issues with diplaylink WMS driverswhich appears to relate to to the software attempting to to connect to the windows update server and failing.

Installation of the WMS software works fine, the LED on the device comes on during the installation but I'm asked to reboot for the secondary display to become active.

Once rebooted I return to maintenance mode and can identify the Kesington Display link devices in Device Manager, the seem to have the correct hardware IDs.

I not that on logon I'm toile the Windows Update server could not be contacted although there are no network issues and manually updating is fine.

The LED on the display lin devices never on after the intial install and secondary monitors are not shown in the display properties.

I have run the debug toll and attach the ZIP output from this.

Just finally, I have had the same diplay link devices working on another WMS server but am in the process of trying to move across to a more 'robust' server host based on a Dell PowerEdge 830 server.

Thanks

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: zip CIRCLE002_20120102_073803.zip (27.0 KB, 2 views)
circlecomputers is offline   Reply With Quote