Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Just Me

Default What I did to fix my 7.2 install

I have an ASUS N56VJ with two video devices - Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia 635M. I am running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. After upgrading to 7.2, the DL monitor would only occasionally be recognized and the laptop monitor would often go into almost constant flickering.

This is what I did to fix it:

Uninstall, from Programs and Features, everything Nvidia. I rebooted after each uninstall as prompted. Then I ran Driver Fusion and removed all Nvidia graphics and PhysX driver information it found. Rebooted as prompted. Reinstalled the newest Nvidia drivers, no Nvidia update, no 3D, no PhysX, etc. Just the drivers. This made things better but not right.

Next I uninstalled DL 7.2, rebooted as prompted, reinstalled DL 7.2, rebooted as prompted, and now everything seems to be working.

I realize many people need the rest of the Nvidia pieces - 3D, etc. - but you could always add them back one by one to see which one, if any, conflicts with DL (or DL conflicts with depending on your viewpoint). I run mine at a business and do not require things such as 3D.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote