Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2023, 10:12 PM   #1
matt-h

Default Primary monitor - keyboard and mouse keep freezing

I have a MacBook Pro M2. My main screen is an Apple Studio Display and my secondary display is connected to the Studio Display via a dock.

For many months I had no problems with this setup.

Recently my Macbook Pro was updated to macOS Sonoma 14.0 and the Studio Display was updated to fireware version 17. Since around this time I have found that at random times my mouse and keyboard freeze on my primary mointor (Studio Display) but can keep moving on the secondary display. When this happens I founnd that other things on my primary monitor (i.e. videos, music etc) continue to work. The freeze generally happens only for a few seconds, then starts again.

The problem only happens when DisplayLink is running.

I thought updating DisplayLink to 1.9.0 (Build 148) would fix this problem but it contines to happen.

I welcome any suggestions!
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 10:00 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-h View Post
I have a MacBook Pro M2. My main screen is an Apple Studio Display and my secondary display is connected to the Studio Display via a dock.

For many months I had no problems with this setup.

Recently my Macbook Pro was updated to macOS Sonoma 14.0 and the Studio Display was updated to fireware version 17. Since around this time I have found that at random times my mouse and keyboard freeze on my primary mointor (Studio Display) but can keep moving on the secondary display. When this happens I founnd that other things on my primary monitor (i.e. videos, music etc) continue to work. The freeze generally happens only for a few seconds, then starts again.

The problem only happens when DisplayLink is running.

I thought updating DisplayLink to 1.9.0 (Build 148) would fix this problem but it contines to happen.

I welcome any suggestions!

Hello

Can you please try to install this version of the driver : https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...0?filetype=exe
This is the version that supports the latest OS. please let me know if the problem is solved
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 04:38 AM   #3
matt-h

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSznicer View Post
Hello

Can you please try to install this version of the driver : https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...0?filetype=exe
This is the version that supports the latest OS. please let me know if the problem is solved
Hi Daniel,

I have done this. It's now on 1.10.0 (Build 117). Have been using it for a few days and the same problem is happening - but only when DisplayLink is running and only on my primary display (Studio Display).
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 12:42 AM   #4
Damien83

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-h View Post
Hi Daniel,

I have done this. It's now on 1.10.0 (Build 117). Have been using it for a few days and the same problem is happening - but only when DisplayLink is running and only on my primary display (Studio Display).
I'm having the same issue. I too have the latest update installed.
Damien83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2023, 02:12 PM   #5
aaronr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
Same issue here. Same setup: OSX Sonoma, newest DisplayLink software, on a Macbook Pro M1. Main laptop screen randomly freezes for a couple seconds, secondary monitor seems fine.
aaronr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 10:57 AM   #6
xkadirx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
I have that same problem. Will there be an update on this issue soon? @DanielSznicer
xkadirx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #7
Bah434x

Is the common factor here "Studio Display" or different displays involved..?

What keyboard and mouse and connectivity..? Ive seen a similar issue with the Logitech Bolt Receiver causing displays to freeze or lag if its plugged into them
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:48 AM   #8
sidpai

Default I'm having the same issue

Display link 1.10 Build 177

Mac OS Ventura

I think for the bug here, the display's don't matter. I've two Displays connected through D3100 Dock with DisplayLink.

Both the displays freeze up, and I have to restart Displaylink for it to start working again
sidpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 05:02 PM   #9
SLOsurfer

Unhappy Same Issue

I'm having the same issue.

Macbook Pro M2
Ventura 13.0
Minisopuru powered Dock
Trying to run 2x 1080p monitors

My primary display freezes, but my extended display has no problem.

I am finding that if I am not using Teams or any video software, the primary display will not freeze as quickly. But when I'm doing video calls with MS Teams (maybe CPU spike?) then it will freeze within minutes. Sometimes it freezes within minutes without teams usage.

If I unplug the frozen monitor and plug back in, it comes back online, but usually freezes again.

How do we fix this problem?
SLOsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:30 PM   #10
aaronr

Still having the issue - some days it gets so bad it is hard to actually turn off the DisplayLink Manager - can't even get the mouse to go to click quit on the built-in screen.

Any updates on this??
aaronr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard, macbook pro, mouse, studio display