Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #1
Cestmoi

Default AOC portable monitor on Windows 8 - other USB graphics??

I bought an AOC portable monitor. I'm on Windows 8. Tried install and was instructed that I had some incompatible program. The four programs listed were not installed on my laptop. Followed the instructions for 'sc delete xxxx'. One of those seemed to do something - the others all said 'nothing found'. Rebooted for the umpteenth time tonight and attempted again - same message.

Is this thing truly compatible with Windows 8? I'm on a Dell Inspiron if that makes an iota of difference.
Cestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
Cestmoi

Specific message received: Display Link has detected USB graphics software installed from a different vendor. This software is not compatible with DisplayLink USB graphics software and must be uninstalled before DisplayLink Software can be installed.

This then links to this page: http://displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=359
And I've followed all the instructions there. The four noted programs on that page were not on my system. I did have a StarTech USB program that I had used for a device to convert VGA to USB for projector use - and I did uninstall that just in case.
Cestmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Wim

Can you run the stand alone check from here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/365

It should have the same failure, but will create a log file in the same folder that you run it from. If you can post that log file, it will tell me exactly what it is detecting.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aoc portable monitor, incompatible drivers, windows 8