Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
alphadog00

Default Issue with undocking and unaccessible display

I am using displaylink via Dynadock - so when I say undock, I am unplugging the single USB connector from my MBP 13" Retina.

I did this the other day, closed the lid, and when I went to use my laptop, I noticed that finder and some other apps had windows open I could not access.

Could not tab to them (tilde tab), I could not merge or bring to front, Mission control would not show them.

In the end the only solution was to kill the displayLink process. I was able to restart finder before that to fix the finder window issue. But the other apps, had windows I could not get to.

Unfortunately killing displayLink did kill a couple apps, so I don't consider this a good solution.

I am running 2.5 release version - any other suggestions? Other then to move all apps/windows off my extended desktop before disconnecting?
alphadog00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:24 AM   #2
alphadog00

This seems to be standing behavior and is annoying. I would expect the displaylink agent or manager could detect when the machine is undocked and move windows to the laptop and this is not happening.

How about giving us an undock button in the menu bar? It would be better then killing the processes.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
alphadog00

Returning home from travel and docking - my displaylink was not working. I suspect it was related to killing the processes although they showed they had restarted.

I tried rebooting the dock, but in the end, i rebooted the laptop and then all was well.

Hopefully the next release will fix this.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
Adam Kaleta
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello alphadog00

Thanks for your report.
Could you please gather logs when next time when you hit this problem.
Please follow this instruction to get Support Tool and gather logs.

In addition to the logs gathered with Support tool - at the moment of failure could you please examine your Console/System Diagnostic Reports and/or Console/User Diagnostic Reports if contain any recent DisplayLink dump files? If yes please also attach them to the gathered logs zip file.

In the meantime we will try to reproduce your problem on our side.

Thanks
Adam
Adam Kaleta is offline   Reply With Quote