Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
DKatz

Default Unable to install drivers on Mac Mini (late 2014)

All,

I kept getting error messages installing on El Capitan. Upgraded to Sierra to see if that will fix it, and issues are the same. I get an unspecific error message (driver failed to install) loading the driver, saying i should contact the software company. When connected, my Asus DB169D+ is recognized by the computer, but I can't install the drivers. I tried installing older drivers as well, but no luck. Help, please!
DKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:58 AM   #12
Gangreen

Default Frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wca7 View Post
I have the same issue - latest Sierra update and DisplayLink drivers..
Same problem.

I have been playing around with a little and noticed there seems to be some number of windows and spaces that cause the system to crash. Right now I have 6 spaces across 3 monitors on my Mac Mini. Two monitors connected via HDMI while the third is DisplayLink. There is only one space on the DisplayLink.

Right now it seems stable but it is like a minefield where I never know what could push it over the edge and cause the window manager to crash.
Gangreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #13
D43m0n

- edit -

I've updated to macOS Sierra 10.12.1 and installed the latest DisplayLink drivers (2.6).
Well, I thought I installed 10.12.1, because I downloaded Sierra from the Mac App Store after the release date of .1

Today, I was offered the update to 10.12.1 via the Mac App Store and the issue below hasn't occurred in the rest of the day.

So, my bad for not checking facts...

According to the support page, this is supposed to be fixed in 10.12.1:

Quote:
Incomplete rendering of window contents in some applications, for example Safari and App Store (27762841)
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing that problem... Maybe the quoted issue above is the same as this one? ->

Quote:
Safari web content crashing when moving window between DisplayLink and internals screen (28277831)

Last edited by D43m0n; 11-01-2016 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Neglected to check the facts.. apologizing.
D43m0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #14
philliph

Default Microphone and Siri

On Sierra v10.12.1 the Siri microphone setting is set to automatic and when plugging the Displaylink USB hub into the MBP it changes to USB hub even though I do not have a headset plugged into the hub. The work around for this for now is setting the Siri microphone to internal microphone to use the MBP internal mic.
philliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #15
jared52

I am running 10.12.2 beta 3 and the 16.1 DisplayLink driver. The crash using Mission Control and dragging windows out of the USB display seems to be fixed for me.
jared52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #16
fletom

I can confirm that installing the macOS 10.12.2 beta fixed the Mission Control crashes. The beta system seems generally pretty stable as well so I definitely recommend the upgrade.
fletom is offline   Reply With Quote