Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
Carlo
Mac Team

Yes that makes sense. With the four finger scroll you are activating a hardware accelerated full screen transition that is triggering the same Window Server issues as the Mission Control problem.
I'm afraid it's essentially the same issue and we can't fix it on our side.

I'm not aware for workarounds to reduce or eliminate this specific graphics effect so the only thing I can do is to update our FAQ and invite you to avoid using this OS feature until it's fixed.
We have bugs in place with Apple for this issue and our recommendation stands: raise the same issue on bugreporter.apple.com to raise its priority.

As a final note, we do understand how annoying is all this. I'm using Sierra and I too can't use my DisplayLink screens properly (and my Canon printer at home).
We are hopeful Apple will not only fix the existing issues but also introduce proper support for third party screens in a future update.
Certainly we are working towards this goal and not giving up on the platform.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 AM   #12
jared52

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunvis View Post
This isn't Mission Control I don't think.

Under trackpad settings, it's called "Swipe between full-screen apps". Although I'm not using apps in full screen mode.

The 4 finger swipe up (Mission Control) seems ok. From there I have multiple desktops on each screen with different apps in each desktop.

Then if I go to a monitor and use the 4 finger swipe to switch between desktops on a monitor, things crash, I get logged out, etc.
If I 4 finger swipe up and then try to drag windows from the DisplayLink display, that's when I typically see the crash.
jared52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #13
Power Link

Unhappy Same issue here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunvis View Post
The lag issues seem to be gone, but there's another issue still remaining.

- 4 finger swipe between desktops on a monitor results in a logout.

This only happens with monitors on my displaylink adapter. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone have a fix?
I get the same problem too! I think this should be considered as a very urgent matter for all USB monitor producers. This problem almost makes these monitors impossible to use.

We need a fix ...!!
Power Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:16 AM   #14
subby

I have this problem also and had to stop using DisplayLink as affected my workflow.... turning off swipe between screens slows me down as have to instead use "mission control" hot corners to change desktops.

I get logged out every time when.
A/ I select a desktop file or folder, hold and drag to another screen, using swipe.
B/ I select a desktop file or folder, hold down control and use arrow to move to another desktop.

I hope this helps find a solution! please.

thanks
Anthony
subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
shaunvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby View Post
I have this problem also and had to stop using DisplayLink as affected my workflow.... turning off swipe between screens slows me down as have to instead use "mission control" hot corners to change desktops.

I get logged out every time when.
A/ I select a desktop file or folder, hold and drag to another screen, using swipe.
B/ I select a desktop file or folder, hold down control and use arrow to move to another desktop.

I hope this helps find a solution! please.

thanks
Anthony
Are you on 10.12.2? Seems like this was fixed with that release
shaunvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:38 PM   #16
subby

Default four finger scroll logs Mac out.

No sorry, I should have mentioned that. On my work machine, I am on 10.11.6.

Not wanting to move to 10.12 just yet. Thanks. I will try this option when possible.
subby is offline   Reply With Quote