Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2023, 04:56 PM   #1
yidongliang

Question Cursor jumping back when typing

Hello,
Has anyone here used a portable monitor with DisplayLink technology? I recently installed the DisplayLink Manager on my work MacBook, and I've noticed that when I type in Slack on the portable monitor, the cursor occasionally jumps back two characters. (This never happen on my other two monitors). Thanks!
yidongliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 06:15 AM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yidongliang View Post
Hello,
Has anyone here used a portable monitor with DisplayLink technology? I recently installed the DisplayLink Manager on my work MacBook, and I've noticed that when I type in Slack on the portable monitor, the cursor occasionally jumps back two characters. (This never happen on my other two monitors). Thanks!
Hello,
Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 04:00 PM   #3
paultzirides

Default Display lag/refresh is the culprit

I have experienced this same thing but I learned that the cursor isn't actually jumping back, it's that the display periodically has a little bit of lag for some reason, and then catches up once there is "action happening" on that display. In my experience, this doesn't actually affect what is happening on that screen, but it can be jarring.
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 04:51 PM   #4
Bah434x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yidongliang View Post
Hello,
You're not using an external kbd & mouse by any change by Logitech are you..?
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 03:40 PM   #5
alwjs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
You're not using an external kbd & mouse by any change by Logitech are you..?
Same issue here. I have a Logitech K380 keyboard and Logitech M350 mouse with a M2 MacBook Air. Upon a pause in activity, the screen seems to reset to a display state that is approximately one second prior to the latest state until new activity is detected (e.g. the mouse is moved). Turning the mouse and kb off doesn't seem to alleviate the issue though.
alwjs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 03:52 PM   #6
Bah434x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwjs19 View Post
Same issue here. I have a Logitech K380 keyboard and Logitech M350 mouse with a M2 MacBook Air. Upon a pause in activity, the screen seems to reset to a display state that is approximately one second prior to the latest state until new activity is detected (e.g. the mouse is moved). Turning the mouse and kb off doesn't seem to alleviate the issue though.
Logitech had an issue with the Logi options plus software that caused this problem on mine. Also if you use the Logitech bolt adapter this happens.
DL 1.10.0 Build 117
Sonoma 14.1.1

My Setup
Bah434x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:53 PM   #7
alwjs19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah434x View Post
Logitech had an issue with the Logi options plus software that caused this problem on mine. Also if you use the Logitech bolt adapter this happens.
Appreciate the help! I've never actually installed any Logitech software though. Not using the bolt adapter either - Bluetooth only. Perhaps it's a driver conflict?
alwjs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:34 AM   #8
Martin Pusch

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultzirides View Post
I have experienced this same thing but I learned that the cursor isn't actually jumping back, it's that the display periodically has a little bit of lag for some reason, and then catches up once there is "action happening" on that display. In my experience, this doesn't actually affect what is happening on that screen, but it can be jarring.
I have the same issue:
- MacBook Air M2,
- macOS 14.1.2 (23B92)
- Anker 563 USB-C Docking Station (10-in-1),
- Apple Bluetooth-Keyboard Model A1314,
- Apple Bluetooth-Trackpad Model A1339,
- DisplayLink Manager 1.10.0 (Build 117)
- one screen attached: EIZO FlexScan EV2451
Martin Pusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 11:39 AM   #9
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Please make sure to contact our support team individually so we can review your specific setup and issue. We have identified one of the issues as something our team is currently working on. If you wish to know if your case also applies please contact us directly at technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Please make sure to send details of your setup, a short video showing the issue will be extremely helpful and logfiles can also come in handy. Instructions are located in the last link in my signature.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 11:58 AM   #10
SappoManno

Same issue here. Sometimes it looks like the cursor jumps back, deleting text, and then forward again, and the text is again here.
SappoManno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cursor jumping