Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
rpetit

Angry Displaylink not working at all with 10.8 Mountain Lion

I upgraded back when the new OS came out. I understand that whenever Apple updates anything there is a time table for developers to bring their software up-to-date. My issue lies in DisplayLink being somewhat slow to respond to the issues that so many are having. If it were a completely free software or there were alternatives available I could not complain, but I owned a displaylink driven device for more than one year which cost $, then when I updated and installed, uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly with no success I assumed the USB display unit had failed so I went and purchased another USB display unit with no success. So now I'm into this stuff more than $100 and have not had use of my other screen since July.

Issue: My computer just doesn't recognize that there is a display there. It does nothing. I have tested the units on windows machines and they work fine. I have also tested the display with another machine and it works. I tested the usb ports, they're fine. So it comes back to the DisplayLink update.

When can we expect some movement on this. I have emailed with no response. I have no need to be a member of this forum except to complain and I hate to have to do this. Whats the deal guys.

Macbook Pro | 15-inch, Mid 2010
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Driver Information:

Version: 1.8 (39186)
Last Modified: 9/27/12 1:40 PM
Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 1.8 (39186) - Copyright © 2003-2011 DisplayLink Corp. All rights reserved.
Kind: Intel
Architectures: i386, x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 1.8
Load Address: 0xffffff7f81b41000
Valid: Yes
Authentic: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
rpetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
MyDisplayLinkDoesntWork

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetit View Post
I upgraded back when the new OS came out. I understand that whenever Apple updates anything there is a time table for developers to bring their software up-to-date. My issue lies in DisplayLink being somewhat slow to respond to the issues that so many are having. If it were a completely free software or there were alternatives available I could not complain, but I owned a displaylink driven device for more than one year which cost $, then when I updated and installed, uninstalled and reinstalled repeatedly with no success I assumed the USB display unit had failed so I went and purchased another USB display unit with no success. So now I'm into this stuff more than $100 and have not had use of my other screen since July.

Issue: My computer just doesn't recognize that there is a display there. It does nothing. I have tested the units on windows machines and they work fine. I have also tested the display with another machine and it works. I tested the usb ports, they're fine. So it comes back to the DisplayLink update.

When can we expect some movement on this. I have emailed with no response. I have no need to be a member of this forum except to complain and I hate to have to do this. Whats the deal guys.

Driver Information:

Get Info String: DisplayLink Driver 1.8 (39186) - Copyright © 2003-2011 DisplayLink Corp. All rights reserved.
I second this. What's the deal here?
MyDisplayLinkDoesntWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
cmwade77

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetit View Post

Driver Information:

There are alternatives to DisplayLink devices, look at j5Create. Please note though that you need to get the drivers from their Facebook page last that I looked to work properly.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
displaylinker

But J5Create doesn't support the high 2560x1600 resolution, AFAIK, only Startech's DisplayLink does right now.

Please, DisplayLink people, give us a date for the beta for USB3.0 support!!!
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink 1.8, mac, not working, sad